Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+3
Synysterette
deceit
koopaling187
7 posters

What's your reason?

koopaling187
    koopaling187

What's your reason? Empty What's your reason?

Post  koopaling187 2/19/2011, 7:53 am

Hi Forum!
    I recently revealed to my fiancée and best friend that I was planning on getting a Rev tattoo. Something that just simply says "Forever" I am well aware of the risk that goes into getting a tattoo about a band and to pay tribute to someone I haven't met. But I wanted to know your reasons for why you guys have "Forever" tattoos or even deathbat tattoos. I feel that The Rev's death has impacted my life in such a weird way and that's why I want to get a "forever" tattoo. To mark how I feel at this point in my life.
    When you guys got yours- Did people judge you for them? "That's so silly" or "what if you hate Avenged Sevenfold when you're older?" Not that I care what they think. I'm 21 and it's my body and I'll do with it what I please. I just wanted to hear your guys' reasons for forever paying tribute to A7X or remembering The Rev.
    Smile
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

What's your reason? Empty Re: What's your reason?

Post  deceit 2/21/2011, 9:14 am

i probably have a totally different view on tattoo's than most on this forum. i work in a tattoo shop so i am around tattoo's 24/7.

Currently i have 4 avenged sevenfold tattoo's. Three of them being lyrics and one being a deathbat with the word 'forever' under it.

I've never been judged for my tattoo's. And i try not to judge others (although i have seen some pretty silly ones.)

I don't know if i will like avenged sevenfold tomorrow or even 60 year's from now. but i try to live in the moment and at the time it was something that was important to me and i felt like i needed it there.

please dont let people change your opinions or tell you that your tattoo idea is stupid. because it's not. Smile
    koopaling187
    koopaling187

Post  koopaling187 2/22/2011, 3:17 am

How cool is that that you work in a tattoo shop!?
    I've always wanted to do that. I have a family friend that is our family tattoo artist. Does awesome work. Tattooed My step mom, my older step sister 3 times, my step brother, my little step sister, me twice and my best friend twice. Her and I have tattoo days instead of salon days. Gonna get our 3rd as soon as some money comes in. Thank you so much for replying. I wanted to see why A7X fans were getting them because me trying to explain my reason to someone who isn't that into A7X makes me look like a retard or that I'm talking to a brick wall. I wanted to get a 'forever" tattoo because I feel that The Rev passing has impacted my life in a very weird way. I have never cared or even thought twice about a celeb death. It's always like "Oh that sucks" and that's it. With The Rev it's huge. I can't get through Fiction without getting teary eyed because I know that was his goodbye. Watching videos of him being crazy like "What's in the Bucket" and others like that makes me wish I could've met him. I also think I wanna get some Gunslinger lyrics tattooed. And if I don't like Avenged when I'm older, that tattoo is going to mark a time in my life when I felt a certain way.
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 2/22/2011, 5:13 am

i just simply state that they are my favorite band and thats that. Smile
    Synysterette
    Synysterette

Post  Synysterette 2/22/2011, 6:39 am

You get a tattoo because it means something to you at the time you get it - it represents a point in your life and what was important to you at the time at least mine do Smile
    I agree, never let anyone else make the choice for you - that's when regrets come in, just make sure you've thought about what you want, where you want it, and what it represents

Oh I don't have Jimmy one - was intending getting one either but I'm not against them in anyway
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 2/23/2011, 11:32 am

I don't have an Avenged related tattoo yet - would like Betrayed lyrics and will also be getting some more bats, that won't be deathbats but will serve as a reference to both Avenged and Cancer Bats, but I agree with everyone that tattoos symbolise how you feel at a certain point of your life and they can document your life journey if you want them to. Or they can mean nothing at all, either is fine - I have a tattoo I picked off the wall when I was 19 and I love it and want it retouched/recoloured and added to but not actually changed.

I have a heraldic letter B, and yeah at the time I got it I decided to get it then because my ex and I both had tattoos at the same time and it was his initial letter, but it always stood for about twenty other things, including one thing which it continues to stand for the most, which is something that no-one knows, it's literally a little note to myself almost, so even though I got it at a time I've very much moved on from, I don't regret the tattoo itself, the thing it stands for will never not be important to me.

But if you feel this might help, you could always have just plain 'forever' rather than with the capitalised REV in the middle, it would still mean the same thing to you but it might draw less questions, although I personally love it when people ask about tattoos Smile
    sanetoolong
    sanetoolong

Post  sanetoolong 4/29/2011, 5:26 am

I have four A7X tattoos...three lyric ones and one that's a custom that I designed myself of a deathbat wing with A7X over it.

All of them have meanings, all of them have no regretful feelings behind them, the oldest one is four years old now, the newest only 6 weeks. I haven't yet gotten one for Jimmy but it's in the works.

I have Radiant Eclipse lyrics on my upper back over and above another tattoo that I had gotten a few years before that signified my then husband and myself. We've remained friends so there's no regrets on my lizards, but by wrapping the lyrics I chose around them, I've changed the meaning slightly, "No one knows the time they're changing... You can't bring back time..." Oddly enough, if it wasn't for the ex husband, I wouldn't know the guys of Avenged Sevenfold. It's because of him I love the band.

I have lyrics to Unbound wrapped around my wrist and my custom A7X tatt that read "No one can ever slow me down I'll stay Unbound." That one was thanks to my divorce once it was final and over and done with. I chose those lyrics to remind myself that I'm to not change who I am for anyone again and to live for myself and not someone else, something that I had done for him that in the end didn't matter.

The last lyrics I have are from So Far Away, and they're incorporated into a memorial tattoo that I've gotten for two of my grandparents, wonderful and amazing people whom were married for over 60 years who passsed away in 2009, Mamaw two days before we all lost Jimmy. It's of an antique mirror done in a seashell theme with a sea horse on the handle, the inside of the mirror containing a sunset over the ocean, footprints in the sand, a palm tree on the side with an anchor leaning against it, three seagulls in the burning sky.I chose "The light you left remains" for their tattoo worked into the top of the mirror frame for no matter how much I may miss them, no matter how many tears I may shed now that they're gone, no matter what happens, the love, guidance, advice, stories and memories that they shared with me will always remain until I can see them again to guide me until then. SFA is a song that's close to me as until I heard it I couldn't put into words how I felt about their passing, of which I struggled over/with every day.

I also have a lower arm wrap of a musical staff with a microphone as homage to Matt above my Unbound and custom tatt. I want to add to the lower part of my arm and make it a lower sleeve of just Avenged stuff, so more than likely Jimmy's tatt will join the mix on my arm. It's all in red, black and gray and that likely won't change.

I have other tattoos, 10 total. I don't regret a single one of them and each has their own meaning, but my memorial tattoo means the most and is by far the best.
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 4/29/2011, 5:28 am

sanetoolong wrote:I have four A7X tattoos...three lyric ones and one that's a custom that I designed myself of a deathbat wing with A7X over it.

welcome to the family! we look forward to hearing more from you. Smile
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 4/29/2011, 6:40 am

deceit wrote:
    sanetoolong wrote:I have four A7X tattoos...three lyric ones and one that's a custom that I designed myself of a deathbat wing with A7X over it.

welcome to the family! we look forward to hearing more from you. Smile

Yeah, hey, welcome to DBC. See you around the boards I hope Very Happy
    KirishmaDestinySoul
    KirishmaDestinySoul

Post  KirishmaDestinySoul 12/6/2011, 11:35 pm

I don't have one yet but I plan on getting the Deathbat between my shoulder blades with The Rev's D.O.B and D.O.D in a banner beneath it... I only have two tattoos atm both of them writing but I'm defo getting more.

My tattoos are personal and represent a certain time in my life, I've wanted the Deathbat since I heard about The Rev and I haven't changed my mind about it once or thought 'hmm this might be a bad idea'

xox

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 3:14 pm