Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

3 posters

Bloodlust [PART 2 POSTED]

JenniferVee
    JenniferVee

Bloodlust [PART 2 POSTED] Empty Bloodlust [PART 2 POSTED]

Post  JenniferVee 2/21/2011, 10:44 am

Bloodlust
    Author: JenniferVee
    Chapter: 01.
    Summary: Dhampir Alexis Mayfair and her vampire friend, Kenna Vladman, head back to California to comfort their old friends in Avenged Sevenfold after the tragic death of their drummer. Once back there, Alexis realizes she is falling for Zacky Vengeance, the very vampire she hurt back in school. But, Zacky doesn't feel the same and has a girlfriend, much to Alexis' horror. But, when brutal killings start plaguing Huntington Beach, Alexis and the rest of Avenged Sevenfold must race to stop the vampires behind them. The familair identity of the leader, however, may be enough to push Alexis over the edge.
    Genres: Alternate Universe, Romance, Action
    Rating: R for Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence and Blood.
    Characters in Chapter: Alexis, Kenna, Mike Portnoy, Zacky Vengeance
    Disclaimer: This story is based heavily on the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. There will be spoilers for several of the books, so read at your own risk. That being said, enjoy the story. (:
    Complete? Far from it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “ALEXIS!”
    The unexpected sound of my name pulled me from my dream-something about hot guys with sexy chests on a beach-and snapped be right back to reality. The room was pretty dark, but I easily made out my best friend, Kenna Vladman, staring down at me. When she met my eyes and realized I was awake, her face broke into a full-fledged grin, revealing the fangs in her mouth. I always thought that Kenna’s fangs looked somehow out of place on her pretty face. In my opinion, she was too pretty for a vampire.

Honestly, Kenna was beyond gorgeous. Like most Moroi, she was tall and slender with pale skin, and couldn’t spend too much time out in the sun. She had long blonde hair and eyes as silver as the moon. She sported a nose and Monroe piercing, and the occasional tattoo on her pale skin. Again, with her golden locks, she looked more like an angel then a vampire. She looked too fragile, too lovely to be a skilled handler of the Fire element.

Me? I was the complete opposite. Five-foot-six, with hair the color of dark chocolate, streaked with blond highlights. My eyes matched my hair color: a rich brown shade I had a nose piercing and a lip ring on the left side of my lower lip, as well as a belly button piercing. My dark hair was down at the moment, but I had to get in the hang of wearing it up, since every Dhampir gets a mark when t hey killed a Strigoi. The mark was called the molnija, which meant lightning In Russian. And, that’s what the mark was supposed to look like; an “x” made out of lightning bolts

Right now, the only tattoo on the back of my neck was a serpentine line called the Promise Mark, a tattoo that ALL Dhampirs got when they graduated school and agreed to serve as guardians. See, due to the blend of human and vampire blood that runs in our veins, Dhampirs are stronger and sturdier then the slender Moroi. We also have quicker reflexes and keener senses then humans, due to our Moroi blood. We make the ultimate bodyguards, so that’s what many Moroi do; we protect Moroi.

Why do we protect Moroi? Well, because, there are two types of vampire in this world; the Moroi and the Strigoi. Moroi are mortal vampires; they can eat human food, go out in sunlight for a limited period, and they can die. And, they also have the extremely awesome ability to wield one of the four Elements: air, earth, fire, or water. Like I said before, Kenna is a Fire user. Moroi don’t fight, though. They hander Dhampirs to fight for them. Its not fair, but its fine: Dhampirs are trained to be tough. Besides, we need the Moroi.

Why? Its complicated, but see, us Dhampirs can’t breed with each other. Don’t ask me; I don’t have the slightest clue as to why. A human and a Moroi together will always create a Dhampir, but that rarely happens anymore. A Dhampir and a Moroi together will also produce a Dhampir, but some odd reason that I also don’t understand. But, since many male Moroi like to have flings with female Dhampirs and then run off to marry female Moroi, that leaves a lot of single Dhampir mothers. That’s why there are so few female guardians, like myself. Raising kids is probably a lot easier then killing Strigoi.

Okay. Onto the Strigoi now. The Strigoi are very different then the Moroi. They’re immortal vampire, and they can’t go out during the day. They also kill for their blood. Moroi need blood to, of course. After all, they’re vampires, as well. But, the Moroi don’t kill for their blood. They keep humans around that know the secret of our world. These humans donate a little bit of blood at a time, and are called Feeders. Vampire bites are apparently very addicting. Never tried it. So, feeders are vampire-bite junkies, to put it simply.

“I’ve been trying to wake up you for ten minutes.”
    As I turned and met Kenna’s silver eyes, I could see anticipation reflected in them for what today would have in store for us. Seeing her anxiety chewed at my insides; I wasn’t exactly thrilled about today, either, and seeing her nervous heightened my own anxiety level.

I sat up wrapped my arms around Kenna, pulling her down on the bed next to me. She immediately leaned her head against my shoulder and let loose a shaky sigh.
    “Its been so long since we’ve seen them,” she mumbled, and I nodded slowly.
    “Over ten years,” I said quietly. “Wonder how much they’ve changed?”
    “Probably don’t remember us.”
    I bit down on my lip, trying to think of someway to reply to that. She was right; the guys probably didn’t remember us in the least bit. Like I had told her, it had been over a decade since we last saw them. Who knows how much they changed?
    “They’ve been through so much in the past seven months. This is going to be a rough visit.”

I nodded my head as she continued, not wanting my own nervousness and fear to show. Especially since I had been assigned to be the guardian of the Moroi whose heart I broke back at St. Vladimir’s Academy. That alone twisted my stomach in knows and scared me to death. The thought of meeting those crystal green eyes again…knowing how much I hurt him in the past… I shook my head to shake those thoughts out of my head. I was tough: I could handle it.

“We’ll be fine, and I’m sure they’ll be happy to see us.”
    Kenna lifted her head off my shoulder and gazed at me curiously. “You think so?” she asked.
    “I know so. Promise. Lets get ready.” My voice mustn’t have sounded as confident as I wanted it to, since Kenna gave me a concerned look.
    “Are you going to be okay…? I know you don’t want to see him again…”
    I shook my head quickly, feeling my hair brush up against my shoulders. “I’m fine. Trust me.”
    “Okay…” Kenna didn’t sound convinced, but got off the bed nonetheless and exited the room to get changed.

After she left, I headed down the hall to the bathroom to hop in the shower. More thoughts whirled through my mind as I slipped off my Anaheim Angels sleep t-shirt and pajama shorts. Honestly? I had never been so scared of something in my life, and I’ve been in some pretty rough situations. Snap out of it. You’ll be fine. I turned on the water, feeling myself trembling. There is NOTHING to be scared of. You’ll just meeting up with your old friends from school.
    “No, its not,” I thought out loud. Not only had it been ten years since we saw them, we were also seeing them during a very difficult time for them. On December 28th, 2009, their best friend, drummer, and brother had tragically passed away. The news had reached me and Kenna by way of a news story on MSN, and it had crushed the both of us. Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan had been the life of the party, an amazing drummer, and a valued friend for me and Kenna. And…now he was gone.

So, it seemed like an ironic twist of fate when both me and Kenna were assigned to two of the surviving members of Avenged Sevenfold. Being their friends back in school, we had faithfully followed them for the past ten years, even managing to go to a few concerts. Even if they didn’t like us as much as they did ten years ago, I would still gladly take a bullet for any of them any day. Because, not going to lie, I still loved them a lot. And, somehow wanted to make up to him how much I hurt him in the past.

After about forty minutes and probably using up all the hot water, I climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself.
    “Kenna?” I called as I headed back toward our room. I didn’t know when our ride would show up, and I sure didn’t want to keep them waiting.
    “I’m in the living room! Hurry up; Mike will be here any minute.” Fellow Dhampir, and more importantly, the drummer that helped Avenged back on their feet, was going to pick us up and bring us to one of the member’s houses.

“Okay!” I called back, hurrying into our bedroom. I tore open my drawers, pulling out an Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt I bought at Hot Topic the other day and a pair of skinny jeans. After throwing on the clothes, along with a pair of shoes and socks, I ran a comb through my hair and pulled it back in a ponytail. I pulled on my Vengeance University hoodie and zipped it up a bit, knowing the California night would be a bit chilly.

After checking my reflection one more time, I grabbed my suitcase from near the bed and headed into the living room. Me and Kenna had stayed up late in the day to pack up and get ready to leave…get ready to stay with the guys. I found Kenna waiting in the living room. Her blonde hair was brushed out perfectly, and she looked amazing in her Syn Gates t-shirt and A7X hoodie.
    “Who knew that those kids would turn out to make such great clothes?” she joked, and I laughed.
    “I know, right?” I sat down next to her and put my suitcase on the floor at my feet, but then the doorbell rang.
    “Guess that’s Mike.”
    I nodded in agreement and let loose a shaky sigh, grabbing my suitcase. Me and Kenna took one more anxious glance at each other, before heading toward the door.

Kenna paused for a second, before reaching and opening the door. Sure enough, Mike Portnoy was outside. He smiled a bit when he saw us, and opened his arms to give each of us a hug.
    “Kenna Vladman and Alexis Mayfair. Wow, you girls are lovely. Come on, come on. We must get moving to Zacky’s house. They’re all waiting.”

I felt my heart skip a beat when I heard that we were heading to Zacky’s house. My shock must have shown on my face, because Mike looked down at me.
    “Don’t worry. Guys told me what happened with you two back in school. And, he’s looking forward to seeing you again, so don’t worry.”
    I quickly nodded, and Kenna put a hand on my shoulder as a sign of encouragement. “You can do this,” she told me, and I nodded again, finding it impossible to speak past the lump that had developed in my throat.

As the three of us headed outside, the sun was setting, and the California sky looked beautiful. The smell of salt tickled my nose a bit, and I tugged my VU hoodie a bit closer to me. Mike lead us to his car, no one bothering to speak up. We were all lost in our own thoughts, it seemed. The car drive was equally quiet and awkward, with me staring out the window at the sunset and Kenna watching me worriedly.

It seemed like an eternity before we pulled up into Zacky’s driveway, but it was only about fifteen minutes. I climbed out of the car without a word to Mike or Kenna, and walked up to the front door. I waited for the other two to join me, before staring at the door. Now or never, I told myself, reaching up and knocking on the door. I stepped back to stand with Kenna, sucking in a breath as I wanted. Butterflies were attacking my insides, and I could hear my heart going a mile a minute.

My sensitive ears made out the sounds of some dogs barking, before the door opened. I fell my jaw drop open when I found my eyes staring directly into the jade ones of Zacky Vengeance. I immediately averted my eyes to look at the ground, feeling my cheeks warm up.
    “Sorry…”
    Zacky’s quiet chuckle caused me to look back up at him, and he smiled and shrugged. “Its fine. Alexis. Like your hoodie, by the way.” Before I could say anything, Zacky stepped aside to let the three of us inside.
    “Come on in, guys. We have pizza and a feeder.” I ripped my eyes away from Zacky to shoot an anxious glance at Kenna, but she seemed just as mesmerized by the rhythm as I was. Taking in another deep breath, I stepped into Zacky’s house, still avoiding looking at him. But, I couldn’t help staring at him again as he lead us into the living room of his house, feeling emotions I haven’t felt in over a decade.

Last edited by JenniferVee on 2/22/2011, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Bloodlust [PART 2 POSTED] Empty Re: Bloodlust [PART 2 POSTED]

Post  CiaraCobb 2/21/2011, 11:55 pm

Hmm, another series of vampire books I might just need to get my hands on. Looking forward to seeing where this goes Very Happy
    the mice endure
    the mice endure

Post  the mice endure 2/22/2011, 10:21 am

Love this fic so much Very Happy.
    JenniferVee
    JenniferVee

Post  JenniferVee 2/22/2011, 12:49 pm

Its 17 chapters in, and I know whats gonna happen in later chapters. Just need to write it once I get Microsoft Word back. Very Happy I hope you like it.

Chapter: 02.
    Summary: Dhampir Alexis Mayfair and her vampire friend, Kenna Vladman, head back to California to comfort their old friends in Avenged Sevenfold after the tragic death of their drummer. Once back there, Alexis realizes she is falling for Zacky Vengeance, the very vampire she hurt back in school. But, Zacky doesn't feel the same and has a girlfriend, much to Alexis' horror. But, when brutal killings start plaguing Huntington Beach, Alexis and the rest of Avenged Sevenfold must race to stop the vampires behind them. The familair identity of the leader, however, may be enough to push Alexis over thet ege.
    Genres: Alternate Universe, Romance, Action
    Rating: R for Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence and Blood.
    Characters in Chapter: Alexis, Kenna, Matt Shadows, Zacky Vengeance, Synyster Gates, Johnny Christ, Hilary Sangre
    Disclaimer: This story is based heavily on the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. There will be spoilers for several of the books, so read at your own risk. That being said, enjoy the story. (:
    Complete: Nope.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As soon as Zacky led us into the living room of his house, the rest of Avenged Sevenfold turn and looked at us. While Zacky sat down on the couch and grabbed his beer, Johnny Christ stood up and ran to us.

“Hey, Alexis and Kenna! Been a while!”

Before I could say anything, Johnny pulled me into a hug, startling me. I wasn’t expecting to get a hug from any of the guys. The bassist grinned as soon as he let go of me, showing his fangs.

“Oh, hey, Johnny. See you’re still the same midget you were back in school.” I felt a shiver go down my spine as I heard Zacky’s laugh. Damn, I forgot how sexy his laugh was.
    Johnny frowned a bit, and hugged Kenna. “Nice to see you, too, Alexis.”

“Oh, Johnny. I was just kidding. Love your Mohawk, by the way.” Johnny’s frown immediately turned in to a grin.
    “THANKS, ALEXIS!”

Synyster Gates also stood up and walked over, clapping a hand on my shoulder. “Hey, Alexis!”
    I turned around and grinned at the lead guitarist, and he grinned back.
    “I’ll never forget that time you kicked my ass during practice.”
    I giggled a bit and nodded, meeting his dark eyes. “I know! Proudest day of my life!”
    Synyster chuckled again, and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and rested my head on his chest, letting loose a sigh. It was painful to see him without Jimmy; they were best friends, and Synyster was Jimmy’s guardian.

Synyster stroked my hair gently, and leaned down, kissing my forehead.
    “I’ll be okay,” he told me, reading my thoughts. “Don’t worry about me.”
    I nodded, again unable to find my voice, and slowly backed out of Synyster’s arms. I smiled a bit as I watched Kenna rush into the dhampir’s arms, causing him to smile. It never occurred to before now that the guys really must have missed us during the past ten years. It made me feel more comfortable and a lot less anxious about the visit.

Someone walked up and draped a muscular arm around my shoulders. I didn’t have to ask to know who it was. I looked up and met the hazel-green eyes of M. Shadows.
    “Hey, Shadows. Been a long time.”
    Shadows gave my shoulder a squeeze, smiling down at me. “Oh, I know, Lexi. Has been a VERY long time.”
    I couldn’t help but grin as Matt used the old nickname that me and Gates had come up with me back when we were novices together at St. Vladimir’s Academy. All those memories seemed like a lifetime ago now.

Shads watched me with a slightly concerned look on his face ,and then slowly dropped his arm from my shoulders. He patted my shoulder once, before turning his attention to Kenna. I glanced at the pair for a second, knowing that the front man would protect Kenna well, before heading into the living room to join Zacky.

Zacky gazed up at me and smiled at me as he saw me, and inched over a bit so I could sit with him. “Come sit with me, Alexis.”
    I nodded and smiled back at the Moroi, before taking notice of the girl sitting on the other side of him. Long brown hair a couple shades lighter then mine, and blue eyes, with right now, held ice as she watched me approach Zack. She’s his girlfriend, I realized, feeling my heart sink. Thought Zacky could do better then Hilary Sangre. She was from one of the Moroi royal families, and was a total, conceited bitch back when we were at the Academy.

Zacky smiled wide when I sat down next to him, his fangs clearly visible. Like with Kenna, his fangs didn’t fit his gorgeous face. Also like Kenna and Johnny, he had pale skin, only he had a larger, chubby body build, probably from his alcohol drinking. His short hair was dyed jet black, contrasting well with his pale complexion. He had two silver rings on his bottom lip, as well as a sole patch of facial hair. His stomach was clearly visible, and his plaid button-down shirt looked a little tight. Even with the chubbiness, he was beyond gorgeous.

The male leaned back in the couch and took a breath, placing his beer on the coffee table. He undid one of the buttons on his shirt, before turning and looking at me.
    “So, how have you been, Alexis?” he asked. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Hilary get up and walk off. I shrugged and turned my attention back to Zacky, who was watching me curiously.
    “Eh. Good. Kinda nervous about seeing you guys after all these years, but now I’m feeling better.”

Zacky smiled a bit, before reaching and grabbing a paper plate and a piece of white pizza from the box on the table. He placed the pizza on the plate, and handed it to me. As I took the plate, our fingers collided, and I felt my heart speed up. I dared to take a glance at Zacky, and I thought I saw some shock and a hint of the old affection he had for me. It was gone before I could be sure it was there at all, and Zacky asked, “You want a soda or something?”

I quickly nodded, still feeling my heart pounding in my ears. Avoiding looking at me, Zacky stood up and walked into the kitchen. He returned a minute later and placed a can of Pepsi on the table for me, obviously avoiding anymore contact. I took a bite of the pizza and chewed it slowly, savoring the flavor of it. After swallowing, I reached to grab the Pepsi and opened it, turning my attention to Zacky again. He wasn’t paying attention to me, instead scratching his leg.

I turned my attention from Zacky to Kenna, who was sitting on the love seat with Matt. She met my gaze and gave me an encouraging smile, as if to say, “Talk to him”. Matt also caught my gaze and nodded his head. I smiled back at both of them, and looked back over at Zacky. The guitarist stopped scratching his leg and grabbed his beer, before leaning back in the sofa again. He sipped the beer slowly for a second or two, before sensing me looking at me. He turned his attention from his drink to me, watching me for a second before asking, “You all right?”
    I could sense his nervousness, and wanted nothing more to be able to reach over and take a hold of his hand. Instead ,I took another bite of the pizza, and shrugged.
    “I’m sorry about Jimmy…” Immediately, Zacky’s eyes filled with pain, causing guilt to shoot through my chest. Him and Jimmy were roommates back in school, and he obviously missed the older Moroi more then we did.

“Oh, shit, I’m sorry, Zacky,” I exclaimed, immediately looking away and grabbing the Pepsi he gave me. Out the corner of my eye, I saw him shrug a bit.
    “Its fine, Alexis. No need to apologize. He was your friend, too. I guess I should be apologizing for your loss as well. Just not over it yet, ya know?”
    Reluctantly, I turned and looked back at Zacky. His expression and eyes still held the grief he’d been feeling for seven months, but I could also see sympathy in his eyes, directed toward me. He clearly felt my pain, and I could tell that he wished he could make it go away.
    “No, I shouldn’t have mentioned it. That’s my fault.”
    Surprise flooded Zacky’s face, and he put his beer on the table. He inched a but closer to me, opening his mouth to say something.

“Smooth, Alexis. First you show up here after ten years without even CALLING the guys, and then you mention Jimmy when the guys are still obviously in pain. You haven’t learned much, have you?”
    My brown eyes immediately shot from Zacky to Hilary, who had re-entered the room. Her eyes were watching me with a mix and anger and amusement, and it took all my will power not to go up there and punch her through the wall.

Zacky also looked a little irritated. “Its fine, Hilary,” he told her. “She got assigned to be my guardian, and her and Kenna were friends with Jimmy as well. She’s obviously upset about his death, too.”
    “Yea, she was so upset and cares about you guys SO much that she didn’t even call you when you needed her after Jimmy’s death. Real great friend.”
    I started down at the floor, suddenly feeling tears stinging my eyes. Because, she was absolutely right. I haven’t cared enough to call any of them when t hey needed me the most.
    “You all right, Alexis?” Zacky’s voice made me flinch a bit, and I looked up at him. He was watching me with a clearly worried expression, and seeing his worry tore at my heart strings.
    “I’m wanna go get unpacked,” I told him quietly, and Zacky nodded slowly.
    “Okay. I’ll lead you up to your room. Come on.”

We stood up, and Zacky lead me out of the room quietly. As we passed Hilary, she gave me a conceited smirk, causing my anger to flare a bit. I jammed by hands into the pocket of my hoodie to avoid hitting her, and followed Zacky without a word to her.

As soon as we were on the stairs, Zacky turned and looked at me and ran a hand through his short hair. “I’m sorry, Alexis. She shouldn’t have said that shit to you. Its not your fault, okay? We lost touch, and you thought we didn’t care. Don’t worry about her. She can be a bitch.”

I turned and looked at Zacky, meeting his gaze. “…how did you end up with her, anyways?” I asked, causing Zacky to look down at the ground.
    “She was there after you broke my heart. She made me happy, and made me fall in love all over again. That’s why,” he said quietly.
    I also looked down at the ground, remembering his pain when I told him we couldn’t be together. God, he was so in love with me back then.

“I’m sorry about, ya know…hurting you like that,” I mumbled so quietly that I barely heard it. Zacky’s more sensitive Moroi ears picked it up, though, and he let loose a slight chuckle.
    “It was ten years ago, Alexis. Said and done. Don’t worry about it, okay? I’m happy now. Its fine.” I could clearly make out the pain in his voice, though. He’s still hurting, I thought to myself. How could I have hurt him so bad?
    “Okay, Zack…”

Zacky chuckled a bit again, and nodded toward a door we walked by. “This is a gym where you dhampirs can work out,” he commented. “Come in whenever you feel like it.”
    “Do you work out in there, Zacky?” I asked him, causing the male to let loose a deep laugh.
    “You kidding me? Does it LOOK like I work out?” he asked, motioning at his stomach. As he glanced down toward his stomach, I could see his double-chin. He DID gain weight. A lot of it.
    I laughed as well, watching him. “No, it doesn’t,” I told him, causing Zacky to laugh a bit more.
    “Gained a few pounds over the last ten years. Pretty lazy now, too.” I laughed and shook my head, rolling my eyes a bit.

Zacky stopped and opened a door. “This is your room. You’ll share the room with Chanise Douglass. Again, went to school with us. You guys were novices together. She’s one of Hilary’s guardians. You’re on the right side,” he told me. I nodded and stepped over toward the bed, dropping my bag. Zacky nodded and turned to leave, but I called out to him.

“Zacky…I’m sorry about your loss.”
    The male turned and gazed at me, and a hint of a smile flicked on his face.
    “Thanks, Alexis. And, I’m sorry for your loss, as well.”
    I smiled slightly at him, and Zacky smiled back, obviously trying to figure out what to do next. After a minute, he stepped toward me and gently placed an arm around my shoulders, giving me a half-hug.

“Come down when you’re ready to, okay?” he told me quietly, and I nodded.
    Zacky gazed at me for another minute or two, and again, I thought I saw some of his old feelings for me in his jade eyes. Again, it was gone too fast, and Zack slowly dropped his arm from my shoulders. He turned around and headed out of the room without another word to me, quietly closing the door behind him.
    the mice endure
    the mice endure

Post  the mice endure 3/29/2011, 1:29 pm

How'd I miss this? Lol. *Hugs* I miss this fic so much!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 12:20 am