Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

3 posters

News About Arin

Aightball
    Aightball

News About Arin Empty News About Arin

Post  Aightball 3/17/2011, 12:08 am

From DBN, DW Drums have added Arin to their roster. I wonder if this means he's in A7X now or if he's just picking up a sponsorship only. I don't know how these things work.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

News About Arin Empty Re: News About Arin

Post  CiaraCobb 3/17/2011, 1:56 am

Well he was a spokesperson for another gear maker (the name of which escapes me right now) so it is likely just the sponsorship. But still, good on him, I get the feeling it takes a lot to get endorsed as a musician.
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 4/6/2011, 11:29 am

apparently A7X wanted him to be with DW. he's endorsed by TRX cymbals but i wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Sabian because that's what The Rev used. A7X is taking the whole "sound like The Rev" thing way to seriously
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 4/6/2011, 11:34 am

Where did you hear that?

I guess to me it made sense to go with DW; he's young, up and coming, and I assume whoever gets there first gets him. I don't know how sponsorships work, but I doubt the band can request one. Maybe they can, but I doubt it. It seems to me there's a chance of him staying (and I hope he does), so it made sense to me. I doubt he'll switch his cymbal sponsorship, though, if he's happy with what he's got.
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 4/6/2011, 11:44 am

Endorsement deals = free and discounted gear. sometimes it even involves money.
    a band can request endorsement deals and since the management already had a deal with DW it was easier for them to renew the contract.
    same with Schecter.
    Gates loves Gibson guitars but Schecter approached them first and gave them a good deal. by the time Gibson approached them, it was too late.
    Anyways. seems to me that the band wants to shape Arin up as close as The Rev as possible.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 4/6/2011, 11:48 am

That sheds light on that process, thank you. I had no idea a band could make a request! Though I imagine it was easier to renew an existing contract with DW.

I know that he's been compared to Rev a LOT and there are even pictures of him on stage that make me do a double take; if I didn't know better, I'd think it *was* Rev up there. Though I don't know if an endorsement with DW means they're shaping him into Rev. He's a killer drummer, and he's got a lot of talent, so it might be they're just helping him get to his full potential. I don't know, though...did that make any sense? *laughs*
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 4/6/2011, 11:57 am

works.. Razz
    We'll see. there's a new song coming and i hope Arin is playing. if his style sounds exactly like The Rev's, i think is time for A7X for therapy Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 6:24 am