Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

4 posters

"The Biggest and Best" Avenged Sevenfold Story

O-H
    O-H

"The Biggest and Best" Avenged Sevenfold Story Empty "The Biggest and Best" Avenged Sevenfold Story

Post  O-H 7/19/2013, 8:03 am

Does anyone here read Metal Hammer? Because Im sure you guys saw the DBN post today about next weeks issue. If anyone does read it, can you please post scans? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

"The Biggest and Best" Avenged Sevenfold Story Empty Re: "The Biggest and Best" Avenged Sevenfold Story

Post  Justin 7/20/2013, 1:10 am

I plan to. Is there an exact date it comes out? I just heard next week.
    O-H
    O-H

"The Biggest and Best" Avenged Sevenfold Story Empty Re: "The Biggest and Best" Avenged Sevenfold Story

Post  O-H 7/20/2013, 1:22 am

Justin wrote:I plan to. Is there an exact date it comes out? I just heard next week.

That's a very good question. I would guess monday or tuesday, but I googled it and found nothing. Thanks, though! I would definitely pick it up but I'll be gone all next week.

Edit: It officially hits newsstands July 23rd, according to DBN
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/24/2013, 4:15 am

Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 7/24/2013, 4:20 am

Any good info. I won't have time to read for a few hours
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/24/2013, 4:41 am

hmmm, some of the info was just filler, at least if you were looking forward to the interview for the new album info. There was some good info about the album but the interview itself was mostly focused on their time from revs passing to where they are now and touring and such.

The album is going to have a more classic feel to it as theyve stated before. theyre trying to bring out more of that metallica, iron maiden, pantera sound/influence. They were saying the album will appeal more towards people that grew up listening to that stuff. They hope the younger generation and current fans will like the direction, but they know that some fans may not accept it because its not the album theyve come to expect(im paraphrasing here). They know there will be some initial backlash/ hesitation when they (the fans) hear that its more stripped down but shadows says thats because when fans hear stripped down they think sellouts and more mainstream sound. thats not what they mean though, theyre just going for a very raw, hard hitting, classic metal record.

They want to make a record that is more in common with the records that came out in metals "hey-day".

Thats just my broad summary obviously. The interview is a little more detailed. Talks about using some religious themes and being influenced by game of thrones, etc.

Also talk about the goals as a band as a whole. They want to be the metallica of this generation, not in terms of sales and such but in terms of influence. They want future bands to look up to them and use them as influence just as many bands of today, including themselves, look up to metallica and iron maiden.
    wp_rathead
    wp_rathead

Post  wp_rathead 7/24/2013, 7:12 am

"The Biggest and Best" Avenged Sevenfold Story 969216_10151744493803147_1165697152_n

Fuck yeah

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 11:39 pm