Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

4 posters

Stream Hail To The King on Itunes now (all regions)

chacotaco

Stream Hail To The King on Itunes now (all regions) Empty Stream Hail To The King on Itunes now (all regions)

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 7:04 am

What the title says... they have it available to stream Very Happy
    Aightball
    Aightball

Stream Hail To The King on Itunes now (all regions) Empty Re: Stream Hail To The King on Itunes now (all regions)

Post  Aightball 8/20/2013, 7:29 am

Really? Even in the US? If so...the temptation is going to be so hard not to listen. I really want to wait until next week. Then again, it's on ITunes now. And I get off work in 30 minutes...there are times I hate living in this day and age of technology...
    chacotaco

Stream Hail To The King on Itunes now (all regions) Empty Re: Stream Hail To The King on Itunes now (all regions)

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 8:50 am

lol yea I hear ya... I'm weak so I had to listen. I had to leave and only got to listen to like half the album but I'm back now to listen to the rest... so far I love requiem and heretic. Overall, from what I've heard so far, it's very different from their usual.

Edit: just heard coming home, it's awesome imo

Last edited by chacotaco on 8/20/2013, 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 8/20/2013, 8:52 am

It's not streaming in the US so I'm going to wait. People on Tumblr are already linking to the album and the songs but I know WB will be there soon to take it all down. I can be patient =).
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 8:55 am

Aightball wrote:It's not streaming in the US so I'm going to wait. People on Tumblr are already linking to the album and the songs but I know WB will be there soon to take it all down. I can be patient =).
    It's streaming for me. Go to their artist page, should say under hail to the king, stream album

Step by step how I did it

step 1: search hail to the king
    step 2: Click album
    step 3: top left click the tab avaenged sevenfold >> should bring to artist page
    step 4: on artist page, it should have a stream now button in the hail to the king box
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 8/20/2013, 10:38 am

This album, while different, is amazing!
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 8/20/2013, 10:42 am

Here's a note from Matt about the stream:
    Hello everyone,

We have been waiting to show you all our brand new album Hail to the King for far too long. It took us nine months of writing, recording and preparation so that we could put out an album we are all proud of from start to finish. Well I'm excited to announce that the wait is over. We have teamed up with our friends at iTunes to start streaming the full album right now until it's released. The stream is high quality and you can listen to the whole album as many times as you'd like. So plug in your best set of headphones and turn it up to 10. Head over there now to listen and pre order.

We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. See you all on the road!

- M. Shadows

chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 10:44 am

Agreed, just can't quite get into crimson day yet, the only one that's not quite catching on for me. There is one part where it sounds like it's about to pick up the tempo, and then it just falls back

I had to listen to acid rain a few times as well, but that ones starting to catch on.

Last edited by chacotaco on 8/20/2013, 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 8/20/2013, 10:44 am

Have you ever heard the finale to Shostakovich's 5th symphony? If not look it up. This album reminds me of that. It's a roller coaster ride of tempos, emotions, everything. It grabs you from the first bar and doesn't let go until the last. Just the stream left me exhausted after hearing it. This album is going to kick some serious ass! I really wish I could afford to get my CD player fixed in my car now...this album does NOT disappoint!
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 10:51 am

I think Requiem is my favorite right now, though shepherd of fire and coming home are very close behind. Hard to pick a favorite, and I'd say that's a good thing
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 8/20/2013, 10:53 am

Right now I say Acid Rain is my favorite. Next minute it'll be Requiem. I'm a HUGE fan of the Bach and Mozart requiems! Oh I just can't pick. I like them all.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 8/20/2013, 11:02 am

I added a poll under band discussion. I'm gonna need another run through the album to decide.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 11:02 am

Justin wrote:I added a poll under band discussion. I'm gonna need another run through the album to decide.
    Yea I just saw that thread and posted in it, didn't vote yet though

for the lazy:
    http://www.deathbatcountry.com/t591-best-song-off-hail-to-the-king
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 12:07 pm

Does anyone else think of Bat country when you listen to the very beginning of doing time?? It starts out with him talking and flows into a scream and reminded me of bat country instantly lol
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 8/20/2013, 12:11 pm

Yeah doing time reminds of guns and roses or velvet revolver
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 12:21 pm

Justin wrote:Yeah doing time reminds of guns and roses or velvet revolver
    Oh absolutely it has Gnr all over it, I was just talking about the very beginning reminding me of bat country
    wp_rathead
    wp_rathead

Post  wp_rathead 8/20/2013, 9:27 pm

Shepherd of Fire is very Sympathy for the Devil indeed with its lyrics - love Arin's drumming at the intro

Hail to the King sound even better when it is in the album

Doing Time reminds me of Motley Crue swagger - like their song Sick Love Song or something

This Means War is very Metallica, prob my least fav on the album to be honest but that is only cuase I love rest of album and just like this one ha

Requiem again has insane lyrics!! Love the instrumental and I really wanna tran

Crimson Day is like a ballad on steriods, fecking beatiful

Heretic is like a heavier version of Wicked End - some great lyrics aswell

Coming Home has my fav guitar work on album

Planets is brilliantly trippy

Acid Rain's lyrics are heartbreaking : "Not even stars last foREVer"

All opinions above subject to change as I play the fuck out of this album haha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 4:45 pm