Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+23
REVdrummer81
a7xmama
Vengenz1
A7XfoREVer
deathbat45
shellneil
DRHawks93
Slayer
Joh7X
sc350z
JJuliav
aaronamy13
JenniferVee
Brian M.
the mice endure
anais84
CriticalAcclaim
Aightball
rrevenge
deceit
CiaraCobb
andigo
Justin
27 posters

How did you discover A7X?

Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

How did you discover A7X? Empty How did you discover A7X?

Post  Justin 1/12/2011, 11:01 am

I discovered a7x playing Madden 2004. Their song "Chapter Four" was featured in the soundtrack. I was really into Metallica back then and that song reminded me of Metallica. So I decided to check them out on amazon and listened to the song unholy confessions and fell in love. I downloaded that song on winmx and I ordered the cd instantly and when it came in the mail I popped it in the cd player and felt like I had found a band that no one had ever heard of that was awesome. I felt like they were my secret. I think that is why they became my instant favorite band, Not because they make great music but because I felt like they were my band. I remember going to the mall and going into hot topic and finding a shirt with a red deathbat on it and "VI" on the back and wearing it to school my freshman year feeling like I was so cool lol. I still have it in fact. anyways, what are your stories?
    andigo
    andigo

How did you discover A7X? Empty Re: How did you discover A7X?

Post  andigo 1/12/2011, 1:09 pm

we were just chatting about this earlier Smile

I confess I had only vaguely heard of them pre-City of Evil (and attribute that partially to stuff that was happening in my life tbh) but when Bat Country came out I heard that via Kerrang and loved it, and then Trashed and Scattered the same way and absolutely fell in love with that song (I still pick it as my overall fave song if pushed to choose) and I remember eagerly waiting for City of Evil to come out, and then when it did playing it non-stop. I used to walk to work to it, singing along in my head, especially to Betrayed -and especially after Dimebag died Sad
    That song became really special to me, and I want the lyrics from the bridge tattooed for several reasons.
    I then went backwards to their previous stuff/forwards and onwards from there Smile
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 1/12/2011, 5:12 pm

I found them through a computer game too, Guitar Hero 2. After playing Beast and the Harlot my bf downloaded some of their stuff and I thought it was pretty good but never took it any further. Then after Jimmy passed, I looked into them again, but it wasn't until I was chatting to Kirst and found out she liked them that I really started getting into them. Thanks Kirst Wink
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 1/13/2011, 12:48 am

I found avenged through a warped tour CD. I don't remember what year it was but the song was 'the art of subconscious illusion.' I remember completely falling in love with the song the first time I heard it and I've loved the band ever since. Smile
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 1/13/2011, 2:57 am

I was watching MTV late at night and saw the bat country video. loved the Fear and Loathing theme and SYN's solo. so i started my research
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 1/13/2011, 4:27 am

I did not get off to a great start with A7X =). I had a few of their songs (MIA, BATH and STD) though I didn't really know it was them. Then, before heading to bed one night shortly after moving to a new apartment, I decided to see what we had for music channels. There was something called "Fuse" and I had no idea what it was so I checked it out. The River by Good Charlotte came on and I was excited. I didn't know GC had a new CD out, so I watched it. I took note of the guest artists: M. Shadows and Synyster Gates. My first thought was "What dumb names." or something like that. I watched the video wondering which of the non GC members those two were and then went to bed. Saw the video some time later and decided to research the "dumb names" and soon enough changed my tune. And fell in love.
    CriticalAcclaim

Post  CriticalAcclaim 1/13/2011, 6:17 am

For me it was me it was this song that stood out in Madden 06 called 'Bat Country' (mostly because most other songs in the soundtrack suck) and around that time 'Blinded in Chains' was in another game, Need for Speed Most Wanted. That's what made me love them and check them out. Nothing better than being chased by the cops with that song playing in the background haha.

I've loved them ever since. Wish I would have gotten into them earlier.
    anais84
    anais84

Post  anais84 1/19/2011, 11:11 am

Oh I answered that on a note on facebook so I'm just gonna copy/paste Smile

First listening
    The very first time I've listened to Avenged Sevenfold was on june the 10th 2010 when someone shared A little piece of Heaven. I loved that song! And because I had never heard one like that before, some aspects struck me :
    • the fact that it lasts 8 minutes and that we are never get bored along the song,
    • the rythms that change during the songs as if there were several songs in one,
    • several parts,
    • several persons are singing
    • the "set" in the song (screams, laughs, the duet with the girl...).

So basically I loved it but couldn't be arsed to check other songs. (What a mistake!) I also didn't noticed the name of the group. I just paid attention to the skull and its wings on the background of the video. (I later learned of the Deathbat)

The discovery
    Then, towards mid july I randomly asked the drummer of State of Error to make me discover one of his 2 favorite bands because I already knew one of them (Green Day) so the other was Avenged Sevenfold. I've never heard of them before and I didn't realise A little piece of Heaven was from them. So he told me to listen to the following songs warning me that it was metal and it could not please me : Beast and the harlot, Bat country, Seize the day, Almost easy, A little piece of heaven, Dear god and Afterlife.
    So I opened every video clip of the songs on youtube at the same time and told myself that if the 1st pleased me I'll watch the next and so on. So come first Beast and the Harlot, the drums impress me as I'm not used to double bass and quickness at all. I liked it so I took the next, Afterlife. And it was love at first sight for the song and the clip : the intro with Zacky and Syn playing in miror (I've learned later why Zacky was classy in the clip), the way Matt was singing in the verses, Johnny's bass line in the verses join by the guitars later, Syn's faces and his solo... Thought I wondered how Jimmy has done with the spider on his face because I know I can't bear it. :s After this revelation I told myself that I should watch the rest of the clips and I remembered of ALPoH!
    I thought that for metal, it wasn't that bad because we could understand the singer even when he was screaming. So I checked them out to know more about them.

If you want more details about the discovery!
    the mice endure
    the mice endure

Post  the mice endure 1/19/2011, 6:23 pm

So, I'm going to tell the long convoluted version.

The first time I heard any A7X song was back in 2006. My younger brother had Unholy Confessions on his iTunes and was playing it constantly, because his friend put it on his computer. Needless to say, I absolutely hated it. I was right into Simple Plan back then [still am in a big way, but I digress], and a lot of more poptastic music.

Anyway, in 2008, Simple Plan was touring Australia [I promise I'm getting to the point]but they cancelled their Perth gig. I found this out on the 9th of October, and then on the 10th of October I was fuelling an Across the Universe obsession, looking for fanfiction based on the film and the main actor, Jim Sturgess. [Yes, I'm getting there...]

Anyway, I found this writing site called Mibba.com, and I was searching ATU fics. Anyway, I also decided to look for some fics that had a certain theme and I stumbled across some fics that featured the guys from A7X. One person had posted links to the videos of Seize the Day and Afterlife and that was the beginning of a love affair that is still going on today. And I believe will most definitely last.

EDIT:

I like to say that I became an Avenged fan because I got angry with Simple Plan...but that ^ is the actual story. [Simple Plan is still my first musical love].
    Brian M.

Post  Brian M. 2/12/2011, 12:46 pm

i agree with what alot of you guys are saying. i too recognized them from the madden games, their songs caught my attention. I was mostly into what was played on the radio so obv i wasnt gunna be into avenged sevenfold, and i wasn't the kind to look up music. In 2005 i met a girl on Myspace who lived 3000 miles away in california and she asked if i like avenged sevenfold. I told her honestly i had no clue who that was, she was in awe. She demanded I listen to Chapter Four cause that was her favorite song. So after I heard the Intro i was like Holy S**T i loved this song on Madden! I looked them up on youtube and heard Bat Country and again jaw dropped and i was instantly hooked from there addicted and to this day have never left their side. As mentioned before, i too wish i had heard of them from the start. cause they are special. They make music that everyone can enjoy, and whole CD's that you like every song on it. A rare breed one of a kind band, thats so under rated and famous at the same time. I Love them. ^ Twisted Evil ^
    JenniferVee
    JenniferVee

Post  JenniferVee 2/23/2011, 7:25 am

I found out about them through the 2005 VMA's. I saw an ad for City of Evil with a part of the Bat Country video. Not gonna lie, found them kinda creepy. But, in October or November I was googling Billy Martin (I think) and I ran across a picture of our favorite rhythm guitarist. So, I had to check out what band he was in and fell in love with Bat Country. Very Happy

They didn't become my FAVORITE band until 2006 and didn't see them live until 2008. But, that is how JV became a fan.
    aaronamy13
    aaronamy13

Post  aaronamy13 2/26/2011, 2:25 pm

I first heard them as part of my friends tone on her cell phone...each time I called her I would hear a clip of Little Piece of Heaven. So I checked out the song on Youtube and I thought it was totally crazy but didn't really check them out further. Then I saw a video for Seize the Day on FUSE and I really liked it, but again didn't try listening to anything else. Then last September some friends of ours gave us their tickets to the Uproar Festival and we were stoked to see Disturbed. By this time I had heard "Nightmare" on the radio and knew that I liked A7X enough to see them too. But we were surprised when the REAL show at Uproar came from Avenged Sevenfold!! They blew all of the other shows out of the water! So after Uproar we learned all we could about the band and I am such a fanatic now!! I am so bummed my friend didn't make me listen to more of them when SHE started loving them. They have come to my state a few times with the Warped Tour and I am SO BUMMED I missed out on seeing them with JIMMY!!! Now I have seen them twice in concert and each time was awesome but I felt like I was missing something without Jimmy. But I met Arin Ilejay, the new drummer, at the last show and he was really nice. I hope they decide to keep him on because he is a great guy!!
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 2/26/2011, 2:45 pm

aaronamy13 wrote:I first heard them as part of my friends tone on her cell phone...each time I called her I would hear a clip of Little Piece of Heaven. So I checked out the song on Youtube and I thought it was totally crazy but didn't really check them out further. Then I saw a video for Seize the Day on FUSE and I really liked it, but again didn't try listening to anything else. Then last September some friends of ours gave us their tickets to the Uproar Festival and we were stoked to see Disturbed. By this time I had heard "Nightmare" on the radio and knew that I liked A7X enough to see them too. But we were surprised when the REAL show at Uproar came from Avenged Sevenfold!! They blew all of the other shows out of the water! So after Uproar we learned all we could about the band and I am such a fanatic now!! I am so bummed my friend didn't make me listen to more of them when SHE started loving them. They have come to my state a few times with the Warped Tour and I am SO BUMMED I missed out on seeing them with JIMMY!!! Now I have seen them twice in concert and each time was awesome but I felt like I was missing something without Jimmy. But I met Arin Ilejay, the new drummer, at the last show and he was really nice. I hope they decide to keep him on because he is a great guy!!

I saw them once with jimmy and once with portnoy. They were amazing both times. how did u meet arin? Im trying to figure out how to meet the band at the rockford, IL show so just looking for advice.
    aaronamy13
    aaronamy13

Post  aaronamy13 2/26/2011, 3:21 pm

After the show we stalked the buses for hours! Then I finally saw Arin run into a bus so I ran up to the fence next to that bus and waited for him to come out. And when he did, he came out with his back to us but we just started shouting to him how awesome he did and it was a great show and then my husband asked if they were gonna be back in our area and then Arin actually turned around and started walking up to the fence and he said they were starting a tour again in April but he didn't think they would make it back up our way and then we talked to him about where he lived in California and then he posed for a pic with me and signed my ticket. I told him I drove for hours to see them and that I was excited to meet him!! None of the other guys from Avenged Sevenfold ever came out though. I waited til almost 3am. But Corey Taylor from Stone Sour came out and did autographs and pics so that was cool. I am a bus stalker though and every show I really try to meet the band. I went to see 30 Seconds to Mars in January and got so close to Jared Leto but he is unapproachable. I was mad lol. But good luck on meeting one of them! I wanna see them again so I can have another shot at it!
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 2/26/2011, 3:24 pm

cool story. So basically after the show I should just go wait by the buses then. hmm, hope I get lucky! lol
    aaronamy13
    aaronamy13

Post  aaronamy13 2/26/2011, 3:26 pm

That's it basically lol. Just stand and wait. Identify where the buses are early and even getting to the show early and being there BEFORE the bus so when they get there you see them get off the bus and you can catch them that way too. Good luck!!!! I will be so JEALOUS if you meet one of the main 4 LOL!!!!
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 2/26/2011, 8:51 pm

That's really cool that you got to meet Arin. I've heard stories about Mr Leto, (well, Jared and Shannon) that they send Tomo and Braxton and Timmy out to the buses to distract the fans while they sneak out a different way.

I discovered A7X via Guitar Hero 2. Beast and The Harlot was awesome, and my bf downloaded some more of their stuff which was cool but I never listened any further. Some time after Jimmy died I was chatting to Kirst online and the topic came up (can't for the life of me remember how) and we realised we were both fans. She fed me cds and dvds and I was hooked Very Happy
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 2/27/2011, 1:50 am

Justin, rock Fest. Duh.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 2/27/2011, 5:09 am

deceit wrote:Justin, rock Fest. Duh.

Is that a for sure thing?
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 2/27/2011, 8:32 am

99% sure. they still havent got the a-okay yet.
    JJuliav
    JJuliav

Post  JJuliav 3/18/2011, 12:03 am

I discovered A7X... well i don't even fully remember !well anyways the first song i heard was beast and the harlot and i fell in love with them already in the first verse. Ever since i've been madly inlove with them :---) But i think i saw the music video from mtv or something... don't remember !
    sc350z
    sc350z

Post  sc350z 3/19/2011, 4:45 am

First time I heard a song from them was 2004, Unholy Confessions. Hated it.
    Heard Bat Country in 2007, with the music video. Played that a million times and eventually looked them up more and found Seize the Day. Nothing really happened for a while until I heard Beast and the Harlot on Guitar Hero and I really looked Avenged Sevenfold up. They became my favorite band very quickly.
    Joh7X
    Joh7X

Post  Joh7X 3/21/2011, 1:26 am

the mice endure wrote:So, I'm going to tell the long convoluted version.

The first time I heard any A7X song was back in 2006. My younger brother had Unholy Confessions on his iTunes and was playing it constantly, because his friend put it on his computer. Needless to say, I absolutely hated it. I was right into Simple Plan back then [still am in a big way, but I digress], and a lot of more poptastic music.

Anyway, in 2008, Simple Plan was touring Australia [I promise I'm getting to the point]but they cancelled their Perth gig. I found this out on the 9th of October, and then on the 10th of October I was fuelling an Across the Universe obsession, looking for fanfiction based on the film and the main actor, Jim Sturgess. [Yes, I'm getting there...]

Anyway, I found this writing site called Mibba.com, and I was searching ATU fics. Anyway, I also decided to look for some fics that had a certain theme and I stumbled across some fics that featured the guys from A7X. One person had posted links to the videos of Seize the Day and Afterlife and that was the beginning of a love affair that is still going on today. And I believe will most definitely last.

EDIT:

I like to say that I became an Avenged fan because I got angry with Simple Plan...but that ^ is the actual story. [Simple Plan is still my first musical love].

Jimbo is to blame for a lot of things. :/ Why does he have to be British, good looking, have an amazing voice, and be a kickass actor?
    Joh7X
    Joh7X

Post  Joh7X 3/21/2011, 1:41 am

It was a few years ago (around 2005 I believe), and my best friend who was getting me into a lot more rock at that time said "I found this pretty cool band, and I think you'd like them."

So we ventured over to my computer, she went to YouTube, and typed in "Beast and the Harlot". At the very moment the music started my eyes were glued to the screen. I watched in amazement at the new sounds that rang in my ears like the chorus of a thousand angles of rock. The sounds permiated my skull, and I felt the music flood my veins and fill an inner desire I didn't know exsited. I knew that something amazing had passed through the atmosphere of my computer room, and I knew that I needed more. I had found one of the many pieces that were missing in my life, and I knew that it was the start of a beautiful friendship.

I pretty much raped the replay button on YouTube when she showed me their videos..After that it was Bat Country and Seize the Day; and now I'm here. ♥
    JJuliav
    JJuliav

Post  JJuliav 3/22/2011, 12:03 am

Joh7X wrote:It was a few years ago (around 2005 I believe), and my best friend who was getting me into a lot more rock at that time said "I found this pretty cool band, and I think you'd like them."

So we ventured over to my computer, she went to YouTube, and typed in "Beast and the Harlot". At the very moment the music started my eyes were glued to the screen. I watched in amazement at the new sounds that rang in my ears like the chorus of a thousand angles of rock. The sounds permiated my skull, and I felt the music flood my veins and fill an inner desire I didn't know exsited. I knew that something amazing had passed through the atmosphere of my computer room, and I knew that I needed more. I had found one of the many pieces that were missing in my life, and I knew that it was the start of a beautiful friendship.

I pretty much raped the replay button on YouTube when she showed me their videos..After that it was Bat Country and Seize the Day; and now I'm here. ♥

Sorry random but i love the way u write :--D u write somehow funny and u know.. can't explain well :--D haha lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 9:29 am