Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

Hell on Earth: Introduction.

JenniferVee
    JenniferVee

Hell on Earth: Introduction. Empty Hell on Earth: Introduction.

Post  JenniferVee 2/22/2011, 11:17 am

Hell on Earth
    Author: JenniferVee
    Chapter: Author's Note/Introduction.
    Summary: In Huntington Beach, California, a great horror is beginning to unfold. Innocent people are being persecuted and killed because of their astrological signs. Brian Haner Jr., Johnathan Seward, Jade Parker and Vince Douglass, afraid for their lives, are forced into hiding. Their nighmare truly begins, however, when they're found by Matthew Sanders and Zachary Baker, two of the most vicious members of The League.
    Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Tragedy
    Rating: NC-17 for Language, Violence, Racism, and Genocide.
    Characters in Chapter: No one.
    Disclaimer: This story is based off the Nazi Holocaust of World War II. It will be feature very mature subject matter, so read at your own risk.
    Complete? Not started yet.

-------------------------------------------------
    For the countless souls who died, let our voices fill this night.
    Sing with me, Never Again.
    They aren’t lost, you see. The truth will live in me.
    Believe me, Never Again.

--Never Again, Disturbed

The Holocaust is not a very easy subject for many people to talk about. As you probably already know, it was the systematic killing of six million Jews by Nazi Germany during the years of World War II. By the end of World War II, the Nazi’s had eliminated two thirds of the European Jewish population, and a third of the whole world’s Jewish population. The Nazi’s reign of terror didn’t stop there; they persecuted millions more, including Gypsies, the mentally ill and handicapped, the homosexual, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and more.

The Holocaust, I feel, is something that isn’t touched open enough in schools today. Not enough people truly understand the real horrors that the Nazi’s performed on millions of innocent people. People seriously have the guts to put swastika’s and “Hitler” in their names today, and that offends me. Its pretty bad that people don’t understand the tragedy and the horrors of the Holocaust, especially since I started showing interest in it when I was a kid. My mom is also very fascinated in the Holocaust, and she would kill me if I was one of the jerks who was putting swastikas on my MySpace.

So, I wanted to think of a way to teach people about the Holocaust, and what better way when by doing it with my, OUR favorite band? I’ve heard lots of positive feedback from my stories Bloodlust and Mental Fiction. (The latter of which will be rewritten eventually, I promise.) So, with a little help from my chat buddies Marlz, Joh, Bluewolf, Alyssa, and my fanfiction advisor Ray V (which helped me greatly with Bloodlust. Thank you.) I decided to write a fanfiction based on the tragic events of the Holocaust, named Hell on Earth.

Hell on Earth will be based in a fictional version of present-day Huntington Beach, California, where innocent people are being persecuted because of their astrological signs. People with the Fire and Air signs are systematically killing off people with the other two Sign elements, due to some awful rumors and a lack of understanding. This, naturally, tears apart the members of Avenged Sevenfold. Synyster Gates, Johnny Christ, a girl named Jade, and a male Morgan Freeman like character named Vince are forced into hiding, while Matt Shadows and Zacky Vengeance are the “Nazi” like characters. Jimmy…you’ll find about him as you read.

Rest assured, Matt and Zacky will not be evil throughout the whole story, and I can also promise you that this story will have a happy ending. Needless to say, many victims of the Nazi Holocaust did not meet a happy ending. As stated before, the Nazi’s eliminated two thirds of the Jewish population in Europe, so imagine how much worse it could have gotten if the war would have lasted another ten years. Pretty scary, isn’t it? I’m writing this story in the hopes that it will lead to some discussion by the readers and a little research about the Holocaust.

So, I will be including educational links, discussion questions, and “What Happened on This Day?” facts after each chapter in this fanfiction. The Holocaust is HUGE, so only a small percentage of what happened in Nazi Germany during World War II will be linked to and discussed along with this story. So, here are two very helpful websites that will help you while reading this story:

http://www.ushmm.org
    ^The official website of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington DC. The place is AMAZING, and if you’re interested in this subject, I definetly recommend visiting it at least once. It has an amazing permanent exhibit about the Holocaust, detailing from the Nazi rise to power to the liberation of the camps. The museum also had a Remembrance Hall and a great exhibit for children, called “Daniel’s Story.” The website includes an encyclopedia on the Holocaust and links to genocide today.

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org
    ^This is the AMAZING companion website for a book that I have, called “The Holocaust Chronicle”. The website features all the text from the book, so you should definetly check it out. It also has a pretty in-depth timeline and directions for buying the book, if you so desire to.

The Holocaust is one of the most tragic events in history, but we remember because we have to. As Disturbed lead singer David Draiman says in “Never Again”, “Do you think that history will leave the memory lost?” We owe it to ourselves to learn about these horrific events, and we owe it to all the people yet to be born. Because if we ignore the fact that these atrocities happened, the scary thing is, it could happen again. So, I encourage you more so then with “Bloodlust”, if you enjoy this story, then share it with your friends, your family, whatever. Because, we can take a stand to make sure that another Holocaust never happens.

So, while I work on the first chapter, answer these two questions for me:
    1. How much do you know about the Holocaust?
    2. Do you hope that this fanfic will educate you a little bit more?

So, with that being said, enjoy the story.
    I’ll leave you with these powerful last sentences from the note at the beginning of the Holocaust Chronicle:
    Only in our remembrance and open discussion is there a chance, a hope, that another Holocaust will never happen.
    --Louis Weber

xo. Jennifer Vengeance

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 5:30 am