Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

3 posters

The DBC Recipe thread

CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

The DBC Recipe thread Empty The DBC Recipe thread

Post  CiaraCobb 3/14/2011, 4:34 am

Hey gang,

Not sure how many of you will be as into this as I am, but let's shove it out there and see.

I'm a total kitchen geek, I bake, decorate cakes, and love to much around in the kitchen conjuring tasty things out of whatever is in the cupboards.

Thought it might be fun to share recipes and stuff, we're starting to get fans from all over the world up in here, and who knows what culinary gems we might all be able to try if we share.

Andy was going on the other night about a dish his mother was making, so I wheedled the recipe out of him and tried it tonight (I'm actually eating as I type).

1 cup chutney
    1 cup ketchup
    1 cup diet coke
    I used 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes.

mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over your chicken (in a nie heatproof baking dish) and stick in the oven at a fairly high temp (I used about 190 C for about an hour).

Overall the dish is pretty sweet, I'd be tempted to cut back on the ketchup and cola (perhaps half a cup of each) and throw in something hot or sour (maybe some finely chopped chilli) just to balance oout the flavours.

So, over to you guys, any faves you'd like to share?
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

The DBC Recipe thread Empty Re: The DBC Recipe thread

Post  rrevenge 3/14/2011, 7:10 am

Low carb protein pancake:
    2 scoops of whey protein (any flavor you want Optimum Nutrition 100% whey tastes the best)
    2 raw eggs
    1/2 cup of oats flour
    1/3 cup of skim milk

if you don't have oat flour, you can get dry oatmeal and blend it until it turns into a powder.

mix the ingredients in a blender and pour over a hot pan with non stick spray

flip as soon as it starts bubbling
    here's the trick: if you overcook them, they will be dry and they will taste like cardboard!!

i like to use vanilla whey and top it with sugar free whipped cream and strawberries or blueberries.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 3/18/2011, 9:51 am

Peanut Butter Pie I

This stuff is synfully delicious! It's chilling in my fridge right now, waiting for me to take the first piece for dessert (after the jambalaya). If you have a dairy allergy, it works fine with Flieshman's unsalted sticks and Rich Whip whipping cream. But it makes a LOT of filling for a 9" pie plate...I should really use a bigger or deeper pan next time. I hadn't made it in a while, so had forgotten.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 3/18/2011, 9:55 am

SFTD>

Want something quick, easy, and tasty to make when you're tired or short on time?

Taverns:

1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
    A few good squirts of: ketchup and plain yellow or spicy brown mustard
    Two good handfuls of brown sugar.

Mix until well combined.

Put on buns and enjoy! I like to spread mayonnaise/miracle whip on a bun, then top the meat with ketchup and cheese. Even if you have to defrost the meat first, this takes about 10-15 minutes to get done. It's the perfect meal for a lazy night in.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 3/18/2011, 6:00 pm

Oooh, this sounds interesting. Might have to try that one over the weekend. Thanks Very Happy
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 3/18/2011, 11:30 pm

It's really, really good! I had the first piece last night and YUM! Very Happy And it's easy to suit special diets, which is a big draw for me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 8:49 pm