Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+5
Ghost
deceit
CiaraCobb
Justin
chacotaco
9 posters

"Not ready to die" *No links please*

chacotaco

"Not ready to die" *No links please* Empty "Not ready to die" *No links please*

Post  chacotaco 4/24/2011, 2:47 am

I haven't posted here in a while but i figured you guys would like this:
    *link deleted*

I was just browsing youtube and found it. Im positive this is legit...sounds exactly like them and it would make sense with all the news about them making a song for the game.

Feel free to delete this if you're worried about me posting the link, but i highly doubt any affiliates with the band will care much Smile

EDIT:
    the video has been taken down, im sure it will be quite easy to find again though for the people that didnt get a chance to hear it.

Last edited by chacotaco on 4/25/2011, 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

"Not ready to die" *No links please* Empty Re: "Not ready to die" *No links please*

Post  Justin 4/24/2011, 6:00 am

I love it. Sounds awesome. Thanks for the post Chaco. Looking forward to seeing u back!
    chacotaco

"Not ready to die" *No links please* Empty Re: "Not ready to die" *No links please*

Post  chacotaco 4/24/2011, 6:07 am

thanks, im looking forward to spending more time on the site talking to you assholes Very Happy

college has been keeping me busy but i only have like another 3 weeks and then im off for the summer. As for the song,I can't wait to hear the rest of it because it sounds pretty awesome in the preview.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/24/2011, 7:40 am

Yeah, don't post links here to the preview unless it's officially released. I'm sure if anyone wants to find it, it's pretty darn easy anyways. Everyone is free to discuss the clip though.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 4/24/2011, 8:07 am

Somebody on youtube said The song will be released on may 2nd. Not the most reliable source.... probably just someone picking a random date out of their ass and trying to pass it off as if they have inside knowledge, so take it for what its worth
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 4/24/2011, 5:43 pm

That's the second time I've heard that date in connection with this release, so it could be legit. Although surely they would release the game before letting them release the song, from a marketing perspective anyway that would make the most sense to me.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 4/25/2011, 12:34 am

"Not ready to die" *No links please* Tumblr_lk5mu8hn0G1qcxd4qo1_500

Found this, looks real to me.

And yea I thought it would make sense for it to release along side the game too however, looking back at other releases by other artists it seems that the songs are releasedabout a month before the game.

For example, Korn released their song 'Haze' which was released april 22nd 2008. The game they recorded the song for ( also named Haze... most people probably never heard of it cause it sucks) released on May 30th.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 4/25/2011, 2:09 am

Guess there are just some marketing departments out there who don't quite get it...

You have a rabid fanbase for a band, they make a new song for your game. Release the game first so at least some of them have to get the game to obtain the song. Dammit I need a job in marketing, retail sucks balls.

PS - love the artwork Very Happy
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/25/2011, 2:34 am

Where did u find that artwork Chaco? That's awesome. I'm also starting to wonder if this could be for a shooter or similar game based on the artwork. I know the next call of duty is being announced within the next month and a7x worked with activision before for that COD welcome to the family video. It makes me wonder....
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 4/25/2011, 2:48 am

Is it really working with them when it's basically Machinima making a vid and slapping the music over the top? That's like saying fanvids are bands working with TV shows.

I mean yeah, with Matt's gamer history it wouldn't surprise me if it was something a bit more brutal. I've heard things on twitter that this new track has a lot of screaming, so that would work. Not really bothered what the game is now, it's not gonna be anything I play. Just wanna hear the song!
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 4/25/2011, 3:06 am

Justin wrote:Where did u find that artwork Chaco? That's awesome. I'm also starting to wonder if this could be for a shooter or similar game based on the artwork. I know the next call of duty is being announced within the next month and a7x worked with activision before for that COD welcome to the family video. It makes me wonder....

I foundit by searching 'avenged sevenfold im not ready to die' in google, and i filter the results by latest. I happened to find a twitter post listing to the artwork. I usually find leaks with that method Very Happy

Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/25/2011, 3:48 am

CiaraCobb wrote:Is it really working with them when it's basically Machinima making a vid and slapping the music over the top? That's like saying fanvids are bands working with TV shows.

I mean yeah, with Matt's gamer history it wouldn't surprise me if it was something a bit more brutal. I've heard things on twitter that this new track has a lot of screaming, so that would work. Not really bothered what the game is now, it's not gonna be anything I play. Just wanna hear the song!

U make a good point but I also know matt plays call of duty cause he did that "game with fame" thing. I could be way wrong, but I feel regardless that it will be a shooter type game.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 4/25/2011, 6:18 am

This is kinda cool, waiting for the song and speculating on the game too. I remember that game with fame thing, wished I a) played FPS games and b) had my XBox Live hooked up hehehe!
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/25/2011, 8:40 am

CiaraCobb wrote:This is kinda cool, waiting for the song and speculating on the game too. I remember that game with fame thing, wished I a) played FPS games and b) had my XBox Live hooked up hehehe!

I know! Now has it been confirmed that Arin recorded on this? Also, is this a song they wrote during writing fir nightmare or something they just wrote?
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 4/25/2011, 9:37 am

Justin wrote:
    CiaraCobb wrote:This is kinda cool, waiting for the song and speculating on the game too. I remember that game with fame thing, wished I a) played FPS games and b) had my XBox Live hooked up hehehe!

I know! Now has it been confirmed that Arin recorded on this? Also, is this a song they wrote during writing fir nightmare or something they just wrote?

yea, thats what im wondering. Was this a song that they have been working on for awhile and just never got around to recording it/turning it into a song, or did they start completely from scratch?

Also, I wonder if they'll ever play this song live. Not to jump the gun, but from what we heard in the preview this song sounds like it will be amazing, so hope to hear it live at some point.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/25/2011, 11:19 am

chacotaco wrote:
    Justin wrote:

yea, thats what im wondering. Was this a song that they have been working on for awhile and just never got around to recording it/turning it into a song, or did they start completely from scratch?

Also, I wonder if they'll ever play this song live. Not to jump the gun, but from what we heard in the preview this song sounds like it will be amazing, so hope to hear it live at some point.

wasnt there a pic of a dry erase board with all the songs they were recording for nightmare?
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 4/25/2011, 11:37 am

I know for a fact that they showed the dry erase board with track listings for the self titled album, 1 of which was never released. Im notsure if maybe they just didn't feel the track was good enough, or maybe they wanted to work on it more and they released it as a nightmare track? who knows... Im sure they have tons of material that has never been released.

For this album they showed that pic that listed a couple songs. I think it showed nightmare and god hates us but thats it.

Also, not trying to go too far off-topic but was the chatbox removed from the site? I've been looking for it but I cant find it Sad
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 4/25/2011, 4:12 pm

Is it fairly commonplace for bands to write while they are on the road? From what I know of Avenged they seem to have a writing formula that they stick to so having written this while on tour would be surprising but awesome.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 4/26/2011, 12:30 am

based on this person: http://timekeepspassingby.tumblr.com/post/4923945343/avenged-sevenfold-im-not-ready-to-die-will-be-a-part
    the song will be released with cod blackops escalation map pack which will be released as downloadable content on may third via xbox live and playstsion network.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/26/2011, 12:46 am

If that cover art is real then they are right cause the font matches:

"Not ready to die" *No links please* Black-Ops-Escalation-map-pack

I knew it was COD!
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 4/26/2011, 1:02 am

lol yep, it will probably be featured in survive call of the dead zombie map then since the singles artwork matched up with the artwork for that map. Also, It would make sense for it to be on a zombie map because if you listen to the lyrics shadows say, "as we damn the dead im trying to survive" aka ZOMBIE INVASION! affraid
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/26/2011, 4:33 am

Not to mention the guitar at the end of the clip sounds very halloweenish to me fitting with the zombie theme. Also, in the lyrics it says something that sounds like "barriers" and in Nazi zombies mode there are barriers u need to rebuild to keep them out. Idk just a thought, lol.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 4/26/2011, 4:39 am

Aaand I'm backing to wishing I a) played FPS games and b) had XBox Live!
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 4/26/2011, 4:41 am

The "barrier" could be a nod to rebuilding the windows, but I see it as more of not knowing if you can put your trust in the other people youre with. For example, the whole lyric is "barriers of trust will fade". I think that line represents the uncertainty of placing your trust on another person in time of survival. Will the other person still be there to protect you, or will they leave you to die and save themselves? OR are they infact, actually a ZOMBIE!?! What a Face Shocked affraid that sort of thing
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/26/2011, 4:44 am

Maybe there is more to this. I kinda find it weird that they would make a exclusive song for downloadable content. Activision has released no details about "call of the dead mode" at all. Maybe it's like michael Jackson's thriller video but it's a video game and instead it's avenged sevenfold. Lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 3:17 pm