Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+2
andigo
anDy
6 posters

Please read: an urgent appeal from a death bat country founder anDy Babs

anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

Please read: an urgent appeal from a death bat country founder anDy Babs Empty Please read: an urgent appeal from a death bat country founder anDy Babs

Post  anDy 12/20/2010, 5:21 pm

I'm a volunteer.

I don't get paid a cent for my work at Deathbat Country, and neither do our other admins. When Justin founded Deathbat Country, we could have made it into a for-profit company with advertising banners, but I decided to do something different, apart from that one banner at the top but fuck off.

Commerce is fine. Advertising is not evil. But it doesn't belong here. Not in Deathbat Country. We can't stop here.

Deathbat Country is something special. It is like a community or a public park. It is like a temple for music. It is a place we can all go to think, to learn, to share our knowledge with others about Avenged Sevenfold. It is a unique human project, the first of its kind in a week. It is a humanitarian project to bring a free forum to every single person on the planet that likes Avenged Sevenfold.

Every single person. Even Vladimir Putin.

If all of Deathbat Country's 30 users would donate $1 each, we would have 30 dollars: Not enough for a special edition of Nightmare. We're a small organization, and I've worked hard over the days to keep us lean and tight (if anybody says that's what she said, instant ban). We fulfill our mission, and leave waste to others (huck yuck yuck).

To do this without resorting to advertising, apart from that one banner, we need you. It is you who keep this dream alive. It is you who have created Deathbat Country. It is you who believe that a place of calm reflection and learning is worth having, and even if you don't, just fucking pretend.

This year, please consider making a donation of all of your money, or whatever you can to protect and sustain Deathbat Country. No, not really. I just got bored.
    Edit: Apparently that banner is now gone. You can proceed to give all of your money again.

Thanks,

anDy Babs
    A Deathbat Country Founder
    andigo
    andigo

Please read: an urgent appeal from a death bat country founder anDy Babs Empty Re: Please read: an urgent appeal from a death bat country founder anDy Babs

Post  andigo 12/20/2010, 9:51 pm

I still have the banner, if I end up getting duped into subscribing to dubious broadband packages recommended by velocity-advantaged Mexican cartoon mice do I get to sue Deathbat Country for allowing that one banner to propagate its consumerist filth?

*has just remembered she works in marketing - scratch that previous statement*

Wink
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Please read: an urgent appeal from a death bat country founder anDy Babs Empty Re: Please read: an urgent appeal from a death bat country founder anDy Babs

Post  Justin 12/20/2010, 10:57 pm

Also donators get access to the donators board and usergroup. The money you donate can go to a few things. If we collect $11, we can remove that banner up top for a year. Another thing is in a year we need to renew the domain, which is $18. If you cannot donate, then u can still help in a big way. If u got friends who listen to a7x, tell them to come here. Anything you do to help this place grow Is appreciated. My goal with this place is to create a place for you guys that you love and cherish as if it were your own. Together we can do that.
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 12/21/2010, 1:17 am

thats what she said huck yuck yuck!
    anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  anDy 12/21/2010, 2:15 am

While donations are always great, I don't think anyone got my joke. =[
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 12/21/2010, 7:46 am

My post was me trying to get the joke, I thought I got the joke lol, maybe I was wrong Laughing
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 12/21/2010, 5:47 pm

If you want this place to succeed...

I need to post more.
    Synysterette
    Synysterette

Post  Synysterette 12/21/2010, 10:40 pm

Ghost wrote:If you want this place to succeed...

I need to post more.

Then do it!

Just behave yourself, we've got our eyes on you.... Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 2:45 am