Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+3
deceit
andigo
Justin
7 posters

Dream theater rejects portnoy

Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Dream theater rejects portnoy Empty Dream theater rejects portnoy

Post  Justin 12/21/2010, 11:50 pm

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/rejected-mike-portnoy-tried-to-rejoin-dream-theater/

This is awesome. I knew that in time, Mike Portnoy would try to get back with Dream Theater, and I knew they’d be all, “Fuck you dude, go fly a kite!” I just knew it would happen. And now that Mike is also Avenged Sevenfold’s former drummer, Mike tried to crawl back to is old band.
    “Just for the record, this is indeed true…Fairly recently, I reached out to the guys to try and make amends and offered to reconcile for the sake of having peace back in our lives…(plus I know how much it meant to a lot of the fans…),” Portnoy writes online. “I figured it was still possible to try and save us, because they hadn’t made any announcements yet or begun any public activity with another drummer…but sadly, they declined my offer (well, actually their lawyer did…they didn’t even tell me themselves…)”

Oh man…as if they owe you. Their lawyers shot Mike down. Ouch! I guess Portnoy’s never going to be in Dream Theater again. I still question why he left to begin with…something tells me that he had the Avenged gig beyond 2011 until he started spouting off about his departure like a little girl, and starting that shit with James LaBrie.

“Sorry, gang, I honestly gave it my all,” he writes. “So now the fans on my Twitter and Facebook can please stop asking me to go back to Dream Theater… I tried, and the door is now shut…The ball is now in their court, not mine. I’m not crying or looking for mercy by posting this. I am merely trying to set the record straight as that is always the most important thing about my relationship with you guys. No BS, no spins, nothing to hide — and for better or for worse, I tell it like it is. I’ve also recently seen some people accuse my online activity of ‘looking for attention or media coverage,’ or ‘looking for sympathy,’ but it’s honestly none of the above. I merely value having an open and active communication with my fans. Always have, always will. It is the cornerstone of everything I’ve done since day #1 with Dream Theater.”

Mike adds that he’s “got a lot of great music and ideas waiting to come out of me and a lot of exciting collaborations in the works…so goodbye 2010…bring on 2011!”

Thoughts? Id hate to say it, but this makes it clear to me that he left DT cause he thought he was going to be the new A7X drummer.
    andigo
    andigo

Dream theater rejects portnoy Empty Re: Dream theater rejects portnoy

Post  andigo 12/22/2010, 12:09 am

I hate to say this but I think this does echo a lot of what I and some other people suspected and mentioned in the thread with Avenged's statement regarding his departure....I still feel again that it's a bit of a toys out of the pram/crawling back thing like that articles says...the analogy of him having an affair with a 'younger band' does kinda seem spot on Laughing
    I think he probably made some assumptions that have now backfired on him or maybe like we all wondered, he would have survived either staying with Avenged or returning to DT if he hadn't been so public. I still don't know enough about him to accuse him of wanting attention, I'm not sure that part is necessarily as simple as a case of that but I do think that somehow, somewhere along the line his comments have played a role in recent events Question
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 12/22/2010, 1:52 am

I'm starting to get really annoyed with Mike...
    anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  anDy 12/22/2010, 5:21 am

Mike Portnoy? Being accepted back in his former band? In your dreams.
    Mike Portnoy? Being the permanent Avenged Sevenfold drummer? Fiction.
    Okay enough with the puns but this is pretty sad but also quite funny. Not only does he have a blue beard, but he also has blue balls.
    Ok I'm seriously done now.
    kristavengeance6661
    kristavengeance6661

Post  kristavengeance6661 3/4/2011, 2:18 am

i can see why DT rejected him...
    I would be pissed too if I were in a band and an ex remeber wanted to rejoin....
    the mice endure
    the mice endure

Post  the mice endure 3/4/2011, 10:34 am

Mike is an attention seeker.

Maybe he has ADHD or ADD.

Jokes aside. I have to agree, he is getting annoying...and he seems the exhibitionist. I think the band did the right thing in not keeping him permanently.
    anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  anDy 3/5/2011, 7:14 am

I don't get why you guys are hating on Pike Mortnoy.
    How would you feel if you said fuck off and left, then joined a band, and got kicked out, and said I wanna rejoin this other band, and said yo guys may I join this band and they said no and you said really? and they said yes, we said no now gtfo of here bluebeard and you were like FUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I gotta start a new band and you did and suddenly the old band was like WE HAVE A NEW DRUMMER and then the other band, surprisingly is also like WE HAVE A NEW DRUMMER and you go FUUUUUUUUUUU- again and suddenly a safe falls on you and you are like GOD DAMN MY FUCKING NECK and you wake up in hospital and you leave the hospital because you were okay then you trip into a puddle and youre all soaking wet then it dries then you get home and read the headlines of Kerrang and apparently Lamb Of God have a new album and you spun your totem and it never stopped?

That's what I thought.
    popo
    popo

Post  popo 3/5/2011, 7:53 am

spun your totem sounds suggestive

what a dirty paragraph
    anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  anDy 3/5/2011, 7:57 am

I can imagine Mike Portnoy's totem was meat spin.
    popo
    popo

Post  popo 3/5/2011, 8:16 am

oh goodness gracious
    haha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 2:57 am