Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+3
chance.lemond.5
TVavengedSevenfold
DRHawks93
7 posters

Is Avenged Sevenfold Next?

DRHawks93
    DRHawks93

Is Avenged Sevenfold Next? Empty Is Avenged Sevenfold Next?

Post  DRHawks93 9/27/2011, 11:26 am

I believe that Avenged Sevenfold are on their way to becoming rock/metal legends like Metallica, AC/DC, etc. I hope it's not just me thinking this so I wanted to know what you guys thought.
    TVavengedSevenfold
    TVavengedSevenfold

Is Avenged Sevenfold Next? Empty Re: Is Avenged Sevenfold Next?

Post  TVavengedSevenfold 8/29/2012, 8:47 pm

Yes it seems likely , but some fans are holding them back by being to die hard, but then it means they won't lose fans. Think now, who were the big bands metallica iron maiden ..... once they are gone A7X will have their own place. I don't see them going downhill, but have they already peaked? I don't know. Next album could be a let down, but the next one after that could not be. For example City Evil, massive success, Self titled, success, Nightmare great success. Out of this sort of generation Avenged Sevenfold Is defiantly up there. To answer your question most definitely !
    chance.lemond.5
    chance.lemond.5

Post  chance.lemond.5 9/13/2012, 10:40 pm

lets just hope they dont change there genre overnight remember how linkin park did.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 9/25/2012, 2:36 am

I don't have an issue with what Linkin Park did, they'd always had some electronic elements in the mix and they just went more that way as they evolved. I'd much rather a band took a chance than stagnated. I think that now, as they are settling down with Arin behind the kit, would be the perfect time for Avenged Sevenfold to try something different.

I don't think any band can ever please their entire fanbase with every album, not unless every track sounds the same, and where's the fun in that?
    A7XfoREVer
    A7XfoREVer

Post  A7XfoREVer 10/21/2012, 1:44 pm

Well I highly disliked the metal genre before my friend forced me to listen to "So far Away", now I'm in love with it! So yes, they definitely could.

chance.lemond.5 wrote:lets just hope they dont change there genre overnight remember how linkin park did.

I started to listen to Linkin Park when I was about 8 which was in 2004, the first two albums were great. Minutes to Midnight was released and I still loved them, then when A Thousand Suns came out people started to hate them.. I don't see why though; bands need a little change, doesn't mean they're bad. It's like people hating A7X for changing on the City of Evil album, I wish they would release some more metalcore at times though.
    Usedbandage9
    Usedbandage9

Post  Usedbandage9 10/27/2012, 8:08 am

Maybe. For example, did Metallica have a lot of haters within the metal scene? Not that I recall. A7X however, does have a lot of people that wont give them a chance because of their style. Also, I don't think A7X has ever made a song to please the mainstream. Songs live Bat Country and Afterlife just happened to be well liked.

So imo, for them to become "Next", they need to make a song/album that connects with more than just A7x fans (without letting down their fans). Then, they need to follow that with a good album that could seal the deal for those still on the border.
    a7xmama
    a7xmama

Post  a7xmama 3/7/2013, 2:06 pm

as long as they dont stray from their sound too much, its possible!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/3/2024, 6:53 am