Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+9
Aightball
SacredHonour
DarknessSurroundsNikki
Synysterette
CiaraCobb
andigo
deceit
chacotaco
anDy
13 posters

The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold"

Poll

Which song on Avenged Sevenfold is the best?

[ 5 ]
    The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_lcap29%The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_lcap0%The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_lcap12%The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_lcap12%The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_lcap6%The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_lcap0%The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_lcap6%The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 5 ]
    The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_lcap29%The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 17
    anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" Empty The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold"

Post  anDy 12/13/2010, 11:59 am

I remember that day we were all awaiting the new cover art for the Self Titled album. All of us were like kids waiting to see a fat man eat cookies and try to escape his trespassing through a chimney. Then we see the cover art and how it is the exact same as WTF (our reactions as well), only the opposite. It was like being told by Chris Hansen to have a seat over there.
    But that aside, let's have a seat over here and discuss the weirdest release in the Avenged Sevenfold library. The black sheep of their discography: It either has people who adore it or fans who disregard it completely.

How do you guys feel? I mean, I have a few songs on here that I love but it's not about me. What is YOUR favorite song on here, and why?
    All the songs fit into the poll so you don't have to worry about not being able to vote for it.

This thread will also help us learn who on DBC is a secret fan of country or autotune.
    chacotaco

The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" Empty Re: The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold"

Post  chacotaco 12/13/2010, 3:18 pm

Critical acclaim is the only song I can consistently listen to. Maybe throw in a little piece of heaven in there to, but overall I was very disappointed with the album. I like the aggression and vibes of Critical acclaim, so that's why I like it the most. I don't hate any of the remaining songs (except almost easy), but they just don't appeal to me I guess. Very rarely is there a time where I want to listen to any song on A7X that's not critical acclaim or a little piece of heaven. If I have my ipod on shuffle I almost always skip over the rest of the self-titled albums songs
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold" Empty Re: The Best Song on "Avenged Sevenfold"

Post  deceit 12/14/2010, 7:40 am

i actually really enjoyed this album.
    it was hard to pick between scream, a little peice of heaven, and brompton cocktail. i ended up going with scream.
    i'm suprised a lot of fans never liked this album and that it was considered a 'black sheep.' (id like to think the black sheep is diamonds in the rough.)
    but overall, a great release.
    i wish they would have done something else with the album cover though.
    it's soo boring compared to some of the neat art in the lyric booklet.
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 12/15/2010, 9:36 am

I really like it, it's flawed definitely and seems so odd in the context of being the follow up to City of Evil in particular but when I think about it I love much more of the album than I think I do. Absolutely love Critical Acclaim, Matt says Scream is their 'dance to' song but I seriously think you can dance to that! It's just an all round awesome track. Love Afterlife, Scream, Brompton Cocktail....Almost Easy has grown on me, I remember really not liking it when I first heard it but now I love it for the double-ride at least Smile Have never been able to make up my mind about the auto-tuning on Lost, I personally would have left it out but I can listen to it. Only one I often skip is Dear God, nothing against country or even against them dipping into country but just not crazy about that particular song. (or the way the video makes me cry!)
    To me A Little Piece of Heaven is in a category all of its own, to me that's just one of the best songs ever, full stop. I love everything about it and most of all the fact they had the balls to do it and they did it perfectly...I wouldn't want them to do that every song by any means but as a standalone piece its just beyond awesome and I love that they used to close their shows with it and just have a total ball doing that. I adore all the glamour-gore side of Halloween, and to me ALPOH is that in a nutshell Cool
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 12/15/2010, 7:25 pm

I think I would disagree that this is a strange follow up to City of Evil. That album brought them notoriety and commercial success and the self titled album to me feels like them going "well we don't wanna screw that up" so it's a little softer, a little more commercial. I get that, but I also really enjoy this album. I do a lot of driving to and from work and tend to find this album creeping into the CD player just so I can have a sing along as I blaze down the motorway.

I voted for A Little Piece of Heaven cos it's just a stand out track (but I gotta say, I do love the country Very Happy ) this overblown, Elfman-esque ballad to necrophilia, what's not to love? It's placement on the album also amuses the hell out of me, right before Dear God. Whose bright idea was that?!
    Synysterette
    Synysterette

Post  Synysterette 12/16/2010, 9:33 am

I LIKE this album!! people need to stop slagging it Razz
    yes I know it's not being slagged here I'm just sayin'

Brompton Cocktail wins I like that it's a busy song and the wailing and screaming on the guitars is just plain AWESOME!! makes you screw up your face when you hear it but in a good way I wish I could describe the face I pull...
    I love all the extra percussion adding extra layers it's just plain epic - EPIC!!
    ooh and I love Lost there autotune gets a secondary vote!

Last edited by Synysterette on 12/16/2010, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 12/16/2010, 9:53 am

But Kirst there IS a way to describe it, you simply say:
    'when I first heard that song I almost shit myself!'

....Do you see how useful the lil guy is!

I think I just meant it seems like an odd follow up just from a stylistic point of view. City of Evil was and is their biggest selling record and they obviously decided to use that to take a few risks on the ST and experiment on things they wanted to try...but they still knew that how risky that was after gaining so many fans. But yeah I definitely like it, it's one of those albums that doesn't seem as good when you think of it as a whole and compared to WTF and CoE but at the same time it has some of their most amazing tracks and I think every band has an album like that. TV shows have it too, like Buffy season four lol.
    Synysterette
    Synysterette

Post  Synysterette 12/16/2010, 10:56 pm

Meant to say - aside from my shocking missing words in my earlier post (apologies) I agree with Carla DitR is the black sheep album
    DarknessSurroundsNikki
    DarknessSurroundsNikki

Post  DarknessSurroundsNikki 3/3/2011, 5:43 pm

I voted Afterlife, this is personally my favorite album, I dont know why entirely, maybe 'cause they changed it up a lot and took risks, and the risks are amazing. And, the Rev started singing in this album, and his scream makes me melt. xD I also think of Diamonds in the Rough as the black sheep, not a bad album but it gets no credit, rarely you hear someone talk about it.
    SacredHonour

Post  SacredHonour 3/13/2011, 1:56 am

AFTERLIFE AFTERLIFE AFTERLIFE
    the music was so perfect; there was no moment where i wasn't thinking; this is what real music IS! Maybe that sounds crazy, but, i don't know, it was too awesome.
    AND NIKKI I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, THE SCREAM IS SOOOO HOT!

Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 3/13/2011, 12:54 pm

Well, most of you know how I feel about this album =).

Good Charlotte got me into A7X, the S/T made me a huge fan. I have listened to WTF a lot of late (it's my 3 year old niece's favorite) and while it's good, I still go the S/T 98% of the time. Jimmy did some of his, IMO, most creative drumming on here by far. He did some cool, creative stuff on WTF and CoE, but I think this is his best before Nightmare. The double ride, the bass drum in Scream, the heartbeat at the end of Brompton Cocktail...all some of his best work.

I love Dear God, but I was a country girl first =). I didn't hear pop music until...probably 4th of 5th grade, I'd say. So Dear God is a really cool piece of music for me. They had a lot of balls to stick a country song on there, and I applaud them for it.

Over all, I LOVE this album! I'm not a techie so I don't know what autotune is supposed to sound like (and Lost is a fave on the album), but it works for that song, I suppose. I just love this album!
    the mice endure
    the mice endure

Post  the mice endure 3/13/2011, 2:07 pm

This album is what made me a fan, and my favourite would have to be Scream. It's a violent song...and dare I say it...very hot! Love Shads' vocals on it. And Jimmy....the 'scream scream scream' bit.

Side note, I love watching the Making Of... because you can see how much fun they had making it. In my opinion, I think people who don't particularly like or appreciate this album need to at least remember that the guys had fun making it. And that I believe is important. Just saying Smile.

JJuliav
    JJuliav

Post  JJuliav 3/17/2011, 4:32 am

I love this album. Obviously i love nightmare cos' it's dedicated to jimmy but besides that this is my favorite album from the a7x. I just think it's amazing how they self produced this one. I love all the choir stuff and basicly this whole album! choosing the best song from this album was sooo hard. I love each and every one of them for their own different reasons. But they'r all awesome, some r beautiful and i love jimmy's masterpiece A little piece of heaven.
    Smile
    JoeMoFo
    JoeMoFo

Post  JoeMoFo 3/17/2011, 4:38 am

My favorite is ALPOH, I'm a sucker for anything Elfman influenced, but a very close second is Unbound(the Wild Ride)
    JJuliav
    JJuliav

Post  JJuliav 3/17/2011, 4:41 am

the mice endure wrote:This album is what made me a fan, and my favourite would have to be Scream. It's a violent song...and dare I say it...very hot! Love Shads' vocals on it. And Jimmy....the 'scream scream scream' bit.

Side note, I love watching the Making Of... because you can see how much fun they had making it. In my opinion, I think people who don't particularly like or appreciate this album need to at least remember that the guys had fun making it. And that I believe is important. Just saying Smile.

yup, i agree. I love the making of... they r so funny ! it's amazing how they r so funny Very Happy and it shows that they had so much fun Smile
    Mrs.ShaddixGatesHaner

Post  Mrs.ShaddixGatesHaner 12/5/2012, 2:41 pm

this was a really hard decision for me..this CD has most of my favorite songs on it. i was tied between A Little Piece Of Heaven, Lost, Brompton Cocktail, or Critical Acclaim. so i chose A Little Piece Of Heaven because i love the video a lot, and the guys had a lot of fun of working on it in the studio and it's a really great song. I love you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/3/2024, 8:39 am