Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+3
Usedbandage9
chacotaco
Justin
7 posters

Best song off hail to the king.

Poll

Best song on hail to the king

[ 1 ]
    Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_lcap8%Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_lcap0%Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_lcap0%Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_lcap8%Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_lcap50%Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_lcap17%Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_lcap17%Best song off hail to the king. I_vote_rcap [17%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Best song off hail to the king. Empty Best song off hail to the king.

Post  Justin 8/20/2013, 10:52 am

A very different album than what the band has produced in the past but still awesome! What is everyone's favorite song and why?
    chacotaco

Best song off hail to the king. Empty Re: Best song off hail to the king.

Post  chacotaco 8/20/2013, 11:01 am

Mine changes with each listen haha, so will be hard to choose right now.

Right now probably requiem, with shepherd of fire and coming home right behind. I also love heretic and this means war though Razz... add in planets as well

Usedbandage9
    Usedbandage9

Post  Usedbandage9 8/20/2013, 12:24 pm

I basically have the same opinion as Chacotaco.
    My first listen through and I was not disappointed by a single second. And yes, every song on the album is better than "Hail to the King". I don't really feel bad for listening to the leaks because I already ordered the box set ^_^
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 8/20/2013, 12:37 pm

Usedbandage9 wrote:I basically have the same opinion as Chacotaco.
    My first listen through and I was not disappointed by a single second. And yes, every song on the album is better than "Hail to the King". I don't really feel bad for listening to the leaks because I already ordered the box set ^_^
    Me too. They have $122 of my money, so the second I can listen I am lol!
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/22/2013, 2:34 pm

Alright well after 3 days of pretty heavy listening, Requiem is still my favorite so that's the one I'll pick. Have really been digging Planets lately though, has grown tremendously on me since my very first listen.

I think I can list them in order somewhat safely at this point, Im sure in the long run things could shift, but in the next few days/ weeks it will probably remain nearly the same, so here is my preference in order:

1. Requiem
    2. Planets
    3. Shepherd of Fire
    4. This Means War
    5. Heretic
    6. Coming Home
    7. Hail to the King
    8. Doing Time
    9. Acid Rain
    10. Crimson Day

2-4 are very very close for me to the point where the difference is pretty much negligible and are practically interchangeable but if I had to put them in order, that's where I'd place them. The ballads were very hard for me to get into the first couple of listens, but I do like them now, however there still remains a space between them and the rest of the tracks in terms of enjoyability for me ( I do think they serve their purpose though, they do add variety and mix things up a bit).
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 8/24/2013, 6:36 am

I actually loved Acid Rain. In my opinion it's a beautiful song and some of the best lyrics Matt has written.

1. Acid Rain
    2. Shepherd of Fire
    3. Requiem
    4. Planets
    5. Coming Home
    6. Crimson Day
    7. Heretic
    8. This Means War
    9. Hail to the King
    10. Doing Time
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/24/2013, 2:44 pm

Score another one for Requiem! Razz 

Matt was on twitter earlier for the itunes questions and answered Requiem as to what his favorite track was.

iTunes Music ‏@iTunesMusic 8h
    What are your favorite tracks off Hail to the King and why? #AskA7X

AVENGED SEVENFOLD ‏@TheOfficialA7X 8h
    .@iTunesMusic Requiem – it is different sound and we’re very proud of it. It’s classically influenced with a heavy groove.

king 
    wuzzen
    wuzzen

Post  wuzzen 8/26/2013, 4:16 am

St. James is really growing on me.Smile  A really great song with a lot of emotion put in to it. It has such great lyrics being about The Rev.
    Vengenz1
    Vengenz1

Post  Vengenz1 8/28/2013, 4:56 pm

I personally love the new album. It truly is the next evolution of Avenged Sevenfold. I am so glad they took their time over this album so that no fillers could be produced ( not that they ever produce fillers, I’m just saying ). It could be fitted into so many genres ; Heavy Metal, Progressive Rock or just Hard Rock in general.

My favorite songs are probably Requiem, Doing Time and Crimson Day. Yes, I have downloaded the deluxe version and am going to get it from HMV as well. You will know if you have bought the deluxe version that it has a bonus track called St James. It’s just a great song in general. However, I see why the guys made it a bonus track because while being a fun and celebratory song, it would have disrupted the groove on this album being so dark and focused.

Heaviest Song: Requiem
    Grooviest Song: Doing Time
    Most Progressive Song: Planets
    Best Ballad: Crimson Day
    Best Guitar Solo: Acid Rain
    Old School Song: Heretic
    Best Guitar Riff: This Means War
    Best Lyrics: Hail to the King
    Most Technical Song: Coming Home
    Instant Hit: Shepherd of Fire

But overall, I think the best song is Crimson Day. I think it’s probably even more emotional than Seize the Day and I Wont See You Tonight Part 1, and is up their with So Far Away in terms of emotion.

I've been wrong, times over,
    And I've been chained with no words to find,
    But if the sun will rise, bring us tomorrow,
    Walk with me,
    Crimson Day.

Thank you Avenged, you have done it again.

Last edited by Vengenz1 on 8/28/2013, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong spelling)
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 8/30/2013, 8:52 am

Now that I've been able to spend some quality time with this album (one of the first listens happened while putting my nieces to bed...) I can say it's grown on me. I loved the single as soon as it hit. But then the rest of the album had it's ups and downs for me. It wasn't an instant like the way Nightmare of the S/T had been. But now, it's going to get a lot of play for me, that's a given!

I think my top four are still Requiem, Acid Rain, St. James, and Shepard of Fire. But I love the album as a whole as well. I know some don't care for it, some say it's a Metallica rip off, but to me, I don't hear as much of that. I do hear the Metallica influence but I also hear a lot of other "old" bands, too. I think the guys evolved on this album as they always do and I think if you listen to it more than once or twice, you'll be impressed. It's heavy, it grooves, it kicks you in the face. I give it a 9/10 =)
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 8/30/2013, 1:35 pm

Well, Matt and I agree... Requiem is the best, therefor I say anyone who disagrees shall be disemboweled, or at the very least, banned from this site if not the internet entirely. Wink (For the hard headed, I'm just joking)

Also, agree w/ aightball and vengenz1, I think st.james is pretty good. I think it's great for what it is, a bonus song. Wouldn't have fit with the rest of the record so I can see why it wasn't included, but is really good none the less.

I wonder what the last track is. There were definitely 12 tracks on that white board. I couldn't make out the name though. I believe the 12th, currently unreleased track, is the one in between planets and acid rain on the white board, so the 10th one down (I compared the 2 instagram pics from awhile ago and also froze the short making of video released the other day everytime it showed the white board in the background). It's very hard to read the board but I think I made out the rest of the track names, I just couldn't figure out that one since the screen is too blurred. I would guess it's going to be released as a b-side to a single to be released in the future like 4am was to welcome to the family. But then again, there was also another track from self-titled recording session that still has not been released, so yea I suppose there is always the possibility it may never get released.

Side note: I ended up buying tickets for the Boston show. Going to be a long drive but eh, should be worth it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 9:55 pm