Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+6
CiaraCobb
Aightball
Justin
deceit
chacotaco
anDy
10 posters

The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough"

Poll

Which song on DITR is the best?

[ 1 ]
    The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_lcap5%The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_lcap5%The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_lcap11%The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_lcap16%The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_rcap [16%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_lcap11%The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 7 ]
    The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_lcap37%The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" I_vote_rcap [37%] 

Total Votes: 19
    anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" Empty The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough"

Post  anDy 12/13/2010, 12:07 pm

Is this even an album? I guess so. Whether it is or isn't, it's still got Avenged Sevenfold at their ultimate best!
    Okay, maybe not, but let's be easy on their first B-Sides album. Besides, I think it's pretty cool that they released cut songs for their eager fans.
    So how do you feel about this collection of odds and ends? Are you in the "aw mang wtf y dey cut dis song lol" boat, or the "yo man dey cover dis song so gud omg" boat?
    Basically, B Side or Cover?
    I'm in the cover boat, but fuck me. What about you guys? Let us know!
    chacotaco

The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" Empty Re: The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough"

Post  chacotaco 12/13/2010, 3:32 pm

Dancing Dead! awesome riffs + guitar solo. Singing is also really good on this one imo
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough" Empty Re: The Best Song on "Diamonds In The Rough"

Post  deceit 12/14/2010, 7:49 am

and by flash of the blade i meant to vote for crossroads.
    oops!
    (although i do enjoy flash of the blade also.)

i honestly didn't start listening to this album until about a month ago.
    i listened to it once (not even all the way through) when it first came out and tossed it aside. i just didnt get it.

i'm glad i went back and gave it another listen.

i really do enjoy it.

and i loooove the guitars in crossroads. Smile
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 12/14/2010, 10:46 am

My favorite song has got to be "the fight." After I heard the uncensored version I loved this song. I just love the chorus.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 12/14/2010, 2:35 pm

I love it for two reasons: one, it's just a great collection of songs, even if they are the odds and ends. I LOVE Crossroads (and just cna't get over how fast Jimmy's feet are moving on that double bass!) especially. I also love it because my niece can listen to it without me speaking up at the "bad word" moments =). She loves it as well and always requests "Sevenfold" and sometimes to "turn it up loud!"
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 12/15/2010, 8:09 am

I frigging love Crossroads and Demons. For the drumming alone Demons should take the prize, but I voted for Tension purely because I have never before found a song where I identified with every single lyric.

I was going through a really shitty time earlier this year, especially at work and one day I had DitR on in the car and actually listened to the lyrics. It made me realise I had to do something about the situation or I was going to go crazy.

DitR is my joint go-to album along with Waking the Fallen now Very Happy
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 12/15/2010, 8:22 am

CiaraCobb wrote: For the drumming alone Demons should take the prize

The drumming is absolutely sick on Demons! But I still stand by Dancing Dead as best song on the album

I actually liked the b-sides more then the self titled.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 12/15/2010, 8:34 am

Still kinda blows me away whenever I hear Demons, that drumming is just insane.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 12/15/2010, 8:56 am

The drumming on DiTR is just insane period! I just love Jimmy's sounds on that album...I think it's the fastest stuff he's ever done.
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 12/15/2010, 9:47 am

As someone who grew up on Pantera as part of a very metal-filled childhood, the first time I heard Walk it was a bit of a shock...Phil Anselmo singing that song and stomping around was seared into my brain at 11 years old so to hear anyone else singing it, even an awesome vocalist like Matt, was just very weird at first. It started to grow on me though and I now love it in its own right, although Syn playing Dimebag sounds like fitting tribute, whereas for me personally in the context of Walk specifically, as much as I now like listening to it...Matt is just no Phil Cool
    Synysterette
    Synysterette

Post  Synysterette 12/16/2010, 11:06 pm

Okay I'm firmly in the cover boat here (room for one more in there?)
    Walk wins - tho I'd never heard the Pantera original (don't shoot) before so Avenged's version was the first time I heard the song.

DitR is my least favourite of the albums but I still like a good few of the tracks on there and totally have to say of the B sides that it's a tough call between Demons and Dancing Dead but I say Demons edges it out.

DarknessSurroundsNikki
    DarknessSurroundsNikki

Post  DarknessSurroundsNikki 3/3/2011, 5:46 pm

I also voted Walk, I think its better than the original, I've heard both, didn't impress me when Pantera did it, I actually thought the song was annoying.(Rip Dimebag.) I love Pantera but a7x was better with the song, but it was a tie either way between Walk, Dancing Dead and Girl I know, cause that songs hilarious.
    Mrs.ShaddixGatesHaner

Post  Mrs.ShaddixGatesHaner 12/5/2012, 2:43 pm

Dancing Dead. it's such a fun song to sing along to and Syn's solo in it is just so ashdkjhdskahfdsa AMAZING!!!! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 4/18/2013, 11:13 am

ill agree, the solo in Dancing Dead may be Syn's best. It wows me every time!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 8:49 am