Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+18
Usedbandage9
DeathbatA7x
a7x007
xb2003
JJuliav
DarknessSurroundsNikki
aaronamy13
the mice endure
robthea7xman
Synysterette
Yohan
andigo
CiaraCobb
Aightball
Justin
deceit
chacotaco
anDy
22 posters

The Best Song on "Nightmare"

Poll

Which song on Nightmare is the best

[ 4 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap13%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap6%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 5 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap16%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [16%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap0%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap6%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap3%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 4 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap13%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap0%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap10%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 10 ]
    The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_lcap32%The Best Song on "Nightmare" I_vote_rcap [32%] 

Total Votes: 31
    anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

The Best Song on "Nightmare" Empty The Best Song on "Nightmare"

Post  anDy 12/13/2010, 12:13 pm

The first album since the Rev departed from us. This is a very meaningful album for the band and the fans alike.
    Despite the tragic loss, the album is still top notch and is one of their best. It has Mike Portnoy (of Dream Theater. Oh wait lol) for skins (see what I did there?), and he seems to be quite the fill-in. Whether or not he will be in the band full time, there's no question that he did The Rev justice. He's the coolest motherfucker with a blue beard since that pirate dude.
    Now, which song on this album is your favorite? Sadly, I had to combine two songs together, so I went with the shortest again (Welcome to the Family) and combined it with Nightmare. Think I am a jackass for doing so? Well, please don't. Just discuss your favorite songs here, and don't forget to vote!
    chacotaco

The Best Song on "Nightmare" Empty Re: The Best Song on "Nightmare"

Post  chacotaco 12/13/2010, 3:36 pm

Tough choice between Buried Alive and God Hates Us. I picked Buried Alive though. I felt the slow/ballad part meshed in well with the heavy ending. Two completely different songs that somehow fit when you put 'em together.
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 12/14/2010, 7:13 am

i have to go with 'so far away.'
    this song has so much emotion and everytime i listen to it i still get chills.
    i think its a great 'ballad' and definately shows the depth in Avenged Sevenfold's sound.

one of my favorites. Smile
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 12/14/2010, 9:14 am

Save me is my favorite song on this album and maybe one of my favorite songs ever. Great guitar work, drums are sweet, vocals are great, and this whole song just gets me pumped. With lyrics like "we're only here to die" and "why'd you close your eyes why can't I shut mine." I just love how this song basically feels like the end of the album with the ST7T esque ending. this song, like I said, is at the top for me.

Last edited by Justin on 2/26/2011, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 12/16/2010, 5:56 am

Fiction is always going to be my top favorite off the album. I love Jimmy's voice and the piano just resonates, which I also love.

But I honestly love them all. I really love Lost It All, and I love Save Me. I wasn't sure if I'd go for the longest song ever, but I like it and it never drags. I sometimes find my mind wandering during super long songs (apologies to Metallica, because that's what they do), but not this time.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 12/16/2010, 8:05 am

Got to be Victim which I fell in love with on first listen. It's the Pink Floyd-y/Dream Theater-y hints that sucked me in and kept me ever since.
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 12/16/2010, 11:35 am

I love this entire album, and each song has something unique about it to love...So Far Away is just raw and beautiful, could talk for ages about Fiction and Victim, and I'm amongst the smaller crowd that actually really really likes TTWD as well, especially some of the lyrics. The first five tracks and God Hates Us are all awesome, especially like Buried Alive.
    But my fave track and the one I picked is still Nightmare itself. I just love everything about it, the groove to it, the catchiness, the lyrics. It's a brilliant opening track.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 12/16/2010, 7:25 pm

I'm in the small crowd of TTWD fans too, the only track I don't like seems to put me at odds with everyone else in the world...I just can't stand Save Me...
    Yohan
    Yohan

Post  Yohan 12/16/2010, 8:57 pm

Right now my favourite song is the one that has the lyrics "These things don't happen here, another fiction or reality". I've listened to it some times. I obviously haven't downloaded it so I can't share it. But it's a great fucking tune with a memorable chorus and city of evil riffage. I suggest everyone buys it tomorrow, I know I will! Very Happy
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 12/16/2010, 9:10 pm

andigo (12/16/2010, 8:35 am) wrote:I love this entire album, and each song has something unique about it to love...So Far Away is just raw and beautiful, could talk for ages about Fiction and Victim, and I'm amongst the smaller crowd that actually really really likes TTWD as well, especially some of the lyrics. The first five tracks and God Hates Us are all awesome, especially like Buried Alive.
    But my fave track and the one I picked is still Nightmare itself. I just love everything about it, the groove to it, the catchiness, the lyrics. It's a brilliant opening track.

I really like it but it's definitely not my favourite, although the lyrics are beautiful for sure
    Synysterette
    Synysterette

Post  Synysterette 12/16/2010, 11:21 pm

This one is the only album where I don't uhm and ah about what my favourite track is "Save Me" wins hands down - it was one I heard on a preview radio interview with Matt the week (or maybe a couple of days) before Nightmare was released
    I remember Matt saying that Save Me was 11mins long but it didn't feel like it and he was right - I also remember he said it used to be 15mins long but the other 4 mins sucked so they cut them (or words to that effect) I so wish I'd had the presense of mind to record that interview when it was on....

Although Save Me wins hands down Buried Alive is another go to track, especially after seeing it live
    and the instrumental version of Danger Line is genius

I'm in the minority that likes "Lost It All" as well
    I agree that it doesn't belong on Nightmare the album but I think the track is great!

Also only 3 more days til 4am likely makes it's way into the favourites list.....
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 12/17/2010, 12:03 am

just thought i would throw this in the conversation.

i listen to this album atleast once a day tuesday through saturday.

yep.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 12/17/2010, 12:33 am

What do you listen to on Monday? Wink

I am to the point with the album that the shiny newness has worn off and it's in my regular rotation. But it's become my go-to when I'm in an A7X mood, esp. in the car. I have several copies in my car, so I can grab one whenever. There's a song for every mood on there, which is somethin I find rare in any album, even by my favorites. Over all, I wasn't sure what we would get under the circumstances, but I'm in impressed. It's disjointed, but I like that about it =).
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 12/17/2010, 12:43 am

whatever comes on my i-tunes. Smile

we listen to the album atleast once a day at my work. Smile
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 12/17/2010, 1:04 am

I like 4am already as well. And Kirst I agree with you, Save Me doesn't ever feel like 11 mins but maybe that's cause my dad used to make me listen to 20 mins (20 mins!!) of Johnny Winter noodling to his heart's content, and that used to feel like an eternity! lol

Aightball I agree with you that I actually like the fact it's disjointed and kind of has its own awkwardness and just is what it is in the wake of what happened, and I'm glad they did that and didn't try and just please everyone by being more cohesive and including the 'happier' tracks for the sake of it. I think this was totally the right thing to do.
    robthea7xman
    robthea7xman

Post  robthea7xman 12/29/2010, 4:54 am

Mine's probably Danger Line. Welcome To The Family is awesome too though. This isn't on the album but 4am is fucking brilliant!!
    the mice endure
    the mice endure

Post  the mice endure 1/10/2011, 8:44 pm

I have to say Victim is a stand out for me, even though I love every song on the album. I also really like TTWD.

But, considering Victim is now my second all-time favourite song ever [not just of A7X but of any band/singer/musician] I have to choose Victim.

Someone on DBN, I think said that they believed that Victim was the lynchpin of the whole album. I'd have to agree, it is an extremely emotional song and [aside from Fiction] I get tears listening to it.
    aaronamy13
    aaronamy13

Post  aaronamy13 2/26/2011, 2:58 pm

Buried Alive is my absolute favorite. I love how it changes tone and pace for the second half...that song is just so bad ass!!!
    DarknessSurroundsNikki
    DarknessSurroundsNikki

Post  DarknessSurroundsNikki 3/3/2011, 5:59 pm

Fiction.<3333
    JJuliav
    JJuliav

Post  JJuliav 3/17/2011, 4:35 am

I have to say "so far away" , I mean i love all the songs but so far away is just a song that gives me chills , makes me cry and it just proves that brian is an amazing song writer ! ;o i love those lyrics ! and i just can't listen to it without tears. The whole album is so hard to listen to , even it's amazing.I love fiction aswell cause it's jimmy's last piece of art and the lyrics + matt's and jimmy's duet is awesome. Miss Jimmy so much <3

++ i think save me is beautiful and awesome , and buried alive intro ! love it ! gives me chills.
    xb2003
    xb2003

Post  xb2003 7/9/2011, 3:52 pm

I love them all except god hates us.....This was so hard to choose.

And where can i get Save Me, cause itunes wont let me download it.

Victim takes the prive just because...i can just see my self sitting at Jimmys Funeral, and Shadows saying those exact words...
    a7x007
    a7x007

Post  a7x007 7/21/2011, 8:20 pm

I didn't want to vote for Nightmare or Welcome to the Family, even though I really do love those songs. I'm just starting to get into Avenged Sevenfold, though. I think Victim is a great song.
    DeathbatA7x
    DeathbatA7x

Post  DeathbatA7x 11/26/2011, 12:45 pm

Nightmare and Welcome to the Family in my opinion, are the best on the album.
    Usedbandage9
    Usedbandage9

Post  Usedbandage9 5/31/2012, 8:31 am

Save Me:

"A moment seen through those eyes, crystal blue disguise,
    They say that all beauty must die, I say it just moves on... "
    nilly247
    nilly247

Post  nilly247 9/18/2012, 10:33 pm

Oh my God! Sincerely I don't know if can pick just one song, so much good and great and powerful song on this one, like Fiction, So Far Away, Save me, Victim. I really love God Hates Us, Buried Alive and Nightmare too!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 11:10 am