Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

3 posters

The Fitness Thread

rrevenge
    rrevenge

The Fitness Thread Empty The Fitness Thread

Post  rrevenge 2/22/2011, 9:56 am

Shads and Syn are known to be huge health nuts.
    Discuss everything fitness related; from Workouts, Diets, Logs, Supplements and Goals.
    I am also a huge health freak. i lost nearly 40lb of fat and gained 30lb of muscle in about 3 years so if you need advice fitness related, I'm your man Very Happy
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

The Fitness Thread Empty Re: The Fitness Thread

Post  CiaraCobb 2/22/2011, 6:34 pm

Oooh, good idea rog.

My biggest downfall is a serious lack of willpower. When we were in NZ I didn't drink soda for 6 months, it wasn't readily available, so I didn't really miss it. Now I'm back at work, and we have vending machines in easy reach, it's just too simple to go through 2-3 cans of soda in a day. Same with chocolate bars.

Having said that, I've lost half a stone since last May without changing my diet at all, I can only imagine what I could do if I could just resist the damn sodas/chocolate.

Any suggestions?
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 2/23/2011, 1:19 am

stay away from the vending machines lol. if anything opt for the diet versions like Diet Coke or my favorite, Diet Dr. Pepper. and as for the solids, um if they have peanuts, you can munch on that. peanuts are a good source of healthy fats and protein. you can also carry water and baggies with almonds. but diet alone will only make you lose weight and it won't help shape your body. i recommend doing series of pushups until failure. for example, as soon as you wake up, try dropping on the floor and do 3 sets of pushups until you can't do them anymore. that's monday, wenesday and friday. then on tuesdays and thursdays, do squats. also 20 mins of jumping jacks will get your metabolism in fat burning mode for the rest of the day Wink
    no gym required Razz
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 2/23/2011, 2:35 am

Roger, u should come up with a slogan for the end of your tips. Lol. "...and that's my tip of the day, and I'm
    Here to pump *claps* you up"
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 2/23/2011, 8:47 am

They have diet coke, but only full fat Dr Pepper (my true weakness). I am gonna try and take a bottle of juice with me so there's something in my locker and I don't have to resort to the vending machines.

As far as the exercise, the jumping jacks and squats would destroy my knee (had cartilege removed about 4 years ago, it still gives me trouble) but I can attempt the pushups...fairly sure there wouldn't be many to begin with though lol. Got anything slightly lower impact I could try in place of the squats/jacks?
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 2/23/2011, 3:32 pm

the only thing that comes to mind are Mountain climbers but also involves knee motion but no impact on the legs whatsoever if done correctly. great substitute for cardio
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 2/24/2011, 7:10 am

Okay, hopefully, once this week is out of the way I will try and give this a go. Thanks Rog.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 3/12/2011, 12:21 am

Thanks for showing me that vid Roger.. Is that the workout you do? How long does it take to do the whole thing? Also, won't my body eventually adjust to this? Final question, my wife wants an elliptical so could I do this Spartacus workout every other day and then do the eliptical the days I'm not doing the Spartacus?
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 3/12/2011, 12:30 am

I'm a lil bit more advanced but i do the Spartacus workout whenever i don't feel like going to the gym. it shouldn't take more than 45 mins. with the elliptical, I recommend doing 20 mins first thing in the morning at a decent pace and sprinting for 15 seconds every 2 mins. this will boost your metabolism and put it in fat burning mode for the rest of the day.
    do that workout for about 12 weeks increasing the reps as you get used to it.
    after that i recommend getting a pullup bar. i have the gold's gym kit that also comes with the push up handles and the straps for ab workouts.

also DIET, DIET, DIET!
    Try to keep your meals with high protein and cut down on breads, starch and sugar.
    tons of broccoli and try to keep your carbohydrates around your workouts.

don't worry. you'll get to freak out your body by eating junk on the weekends Very Happy
    instead of getting you fat, your body will burn more fat because it's not used to it.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 3/12/2011, 12:34 am

rrevenge wrote:I'm a lil bit more advanced but i do the Spartacus workout whenever i don't feel like going to the gym. it shouldn't take more than 45 mins. with the elliptical, I recommend doing 20 mins first thing in the morning at a decent pace and sprinting for 15 seconds every 2 mins. this will boost your metabolism and put it in fat burning mode for the rest of the day.
    do that workout for about 12 weeks increasing the reps as you get used to it.
    after that i recommend getting a pullup bar. i have the gold's gym kit that also comes with the push up handles and the straps for ab workouts.

also DIET, DIET, DIET!
    Try to keep your meals with high protein and cut down on breads, starch and sugar.
    tons of broccoli and try to keep your carbohydrates around your workouts.

don't worry. you'll get to freak out your body by eating junk on the weekends Very Happy
    instead of getting you fat, your body will burn more fat because it's not used to it.

Alright, this is what I will do.
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 3/12/2011, 12:38 am

regarding the broccoli, your wife is gonna hate you! your farts are gonna be horrible! but who cares about farts when there's sexy abs involved! lol
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 3/12/2011, 1:06 am

I think she will take that trade off. I was just looking at elipticals, holy fuck they are not cheap And cheap ones look flimsy.
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 3/12/2011, 1:19 am

Keep it ghetto. go run at the park or do jumping jacks
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 3/12/2011, 2:06 am

So should I be stretching before these workouts? If so, any stretches you recommend? Also my biggest problem area is my inner thighs, any workout I should incorporate to help that?
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 3/12/2011, 5:32 am

you can't get rid of fat from a specific area. just work your ass out. eat right and get more info. you can go to bodybuilding.com if you get bored with your workouts.
    don;t expect to be freaking jared letto. you're husky so you're gonna get a wider physique. work with your bone structure, set a goal and work out like an animal
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 3/12/2011, 5:57 am

3 days of no soda down and I'm not freaking like I thought I would.
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 5/14/2011, 11:56 am

CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 4/10/2012, 5:01 pm

Rog is currently being my own personal trainer on twitter, I joined a gym recently and by maintaining my diet and going to the gym I've already lost 4lbs in 2 weeks. Feeling really good about it right now!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content