Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

3 posters

Favorite Movie Scenes Thread

anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

Favorite Movie Scenes Thread Empty Favorite Movie Scenes Thread

Post  anDy 3/13/2011, 5:29 am

I figured that we have quite a few people on here that love films, so why not share our favorite moments?
    Post your favorite movie scenes/sequences here. You don't have to post all at once (or you can if you want). Doesn't even have to be your favorites: Scenes you just find great and suitable work as well, but favorites just make it easier to pick from. Wink
    Difference between scenes and sequences: Scenes are same setting, same time. Sequences can be different times and areas but dealing with the same thing. An example would be a dog walking would be a scene. A dog pissing on a fire hydrant then getting taken to the pound and waking up in the pound would be a sequence. Either of these are fine of course. =]

WARNING: THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SPOILERS
    POST THE NAME OF THE MOVIE BEFORE YOU LINK/POST VIDEO SO WE KNOW WHICH TO WATCH AND WHICH TO AVOID DUE TO SPOILING.
    There is a way to post youtube videos directly to here. Click on the 'insert video" button above the text box for your post (it'd below the Bold type button) and paste the video's url there like it were a picture.
    IF YOU FEEL THE TITLE OF THE CLIP IS A SPOILER (example: Luke finds out Vader is his dad) THEN POST AS A LINK INSTEAD. =] Titles like "King's Speech Ending" are fine, because as I said before, there will always be spoilers for movies people haven't watched yet and they should not click on them if they don't want to find out the ending. However, it doesn't say what happens in the ending so the title is ok. Wink

Okay now that we have the rules out of the way, let's share some amazing moments in cinematic history.

Some of my favorites are:

1. THE GODFATHER

I love the obvious contrast here. It is pretty much the summary of the movie: The importance of family. It not only proves as a very impacting metaphor, but it also carries on the story and is not entirely unnecessary. It solidifies the moment of absolute power.

2. THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

There is so much tension here because of the incredible music and the well crafted quick shots. This scene was unlike anything at the time, and it still is immensely individual. Many movies have paid homage to it, because why play it fair? Fair is boring. This scene really shook things up and when I first saw it, I had no idea what would happen.

3. THERE WILL BE BLOOD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Q1vM2vPIk
    Johnny Greenwood's off-kilter, paranoid track makes this scene a disoriented state of panic. Anderson's brilliant directing and smooth, long takes that he's well known for not only show some of the best cinematography in recent years, it also increases the tension and stress like it were a rubber band about to split. Everything about this scene was perfect, and it turns an event that could have been bland if handled the wrong way into one that is more intense than most action films.

Alright, post away! =]
    Joh7X
    Joh7X

Favorite Movie Scenes Thread Empty Re: Favorite Movie Scenes Thread

Post  Joh7X 3/15/2011, 6:00 am

First of all, There Will Be Blood = Fantastic movie.

Second...

American Psycho

I'm not good at reviewing movies, but this scene makes me laugh my ass off. xD I love Christian Bale so much.

Cabin Fever

This is one of the best scenes from this entire movie.

Across the Univers

The whole movie is amazing, but this is one of the trippiest things in it. o-o Stare in wonder at the virtual acid trip.
    ^One of my favorite movies. :3

The Princess Bride

^Another one of my favorite movies.

This is all I have for now.. I might add some more later..
    anDy
    anDy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  anDy 3/15/2011, 7:33 am

Very good picks! I think Across The Universe is very underrated and too many critics were trying to find something revolutionary out of it, when really it is very light and it serves its purpose. I think it's a great movie.

How did it take Bale so long to be nominated, never mind win? Well I'm glad he finally has. Thanks for bringing Bale's brilliance up =P. His acting in The Fighter was heart wrenching. People would say "Oh he won for THIS? He looks so over the top". Then they would see the real Dick Eklund and go "Okay he deserved five oscars for that". His scenes as a crack addict are too real, but it is the final line he says in this scene that really got to me. This and the very end of the movie, which I wish I could find online. Bale's one of the best of our generation, and I love this scene because Amy Adams arguably is as well. She's our Marissa Tomei. She can be funny, she can sing and be cheerful, she can be serious and angry, she can be dangerous, whatever you need Adams can do. I think what Bale said about Wahlberg is 100% correct. Wahlberg's character is very basic and neutral, but he had to be. If he was as crazy as his girlfriend, mother, brother and sisters the movie would be a train wreck. Wahlberg is very hit or miss, and this is one of his best performances along with The Departed and Boogie Nights.
    THE FIGHTER

I won't call this a similar movie, but both involve fighting sports and have similar names, and it just reminded me of one of the best movies I have ever seen. Mickey Rourke had one of the best comebacks in movie history with The Wrestler. The entire movie worked like an American "Tokyo Story": So simple of a story but so full of meaning and connectivity. Most of that is thanks to Rourke, who transmits his last years of struggle with his fighting career into the movie which deals with a similar concept. This is one of the best movies of modern times. Not only is it so easy to relate to, but it does what Boogie Nights does. It sheds light on worlds we don't take seriously. Wrestling may be lame and silly to a lot of people, but to others it's entertainment, and they need people like Randy The Ram to depend on. Whoever has not seen this movie has to has to has to as soon as possible.
    The scene picked, since youtube does not have a large selection, isn't the best of the film but it's one of the best. Nothing but raw emotion and the cry for help.
    THE WRESTLER

Joh7X
    Joh7X

Post  Joh7X 3/15/2011, 8:46 am

Thanks. Very Happy I tried to find my favorite scene from Litte Miss Sunshine, but I couldn't find it. :/ Like you said, Youtube has a limited selection.

Across the Universe is just amazing. xD It's one of my all time favorites. I'm quite a fan of the actors, and the music. (The Beatles are a form of coke to me. o-o)

Christian Bale is just too good for words. He is an amazing actor, and I'm so glad he's finally getting recognized. I didn't get a chance to watch either movie, but I really wanted to check them out.

I also forgot about these! o_O I don't know how I forgot them..

Requiem for a Dream

This movie was depressing as hell, but it was sooo good. Jared Leto has proved to be an amazing actor. This is one of those movies where I'm glad it didn't have a happy ending. It would have ruined it.

Charlie Bartlett

^Possibly the funniest scenes in the entire movie.
    Mrs.ShaddixGatesHaner

Post  Mrs.ShaddixGatesHaner 12/14/2012, 2:21 pm

i love how there's a lot of Jared Leto movies listed up there!^ he's such an amazing actor and musician! hjdksahfkja. Very Happy
    but anyway, i can't pick my favorite scene from this, but my favorite movie for 5 years now has been Fight Club and i just love every scene. i know every word in the whole movie and i just cannot pick a favorite scene. Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 1:34 pm