Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+3
chacotaco
Aightball
Justin
7 posters

HAIL TO THE KING!

Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

HAIL TO THE KING! Empty HAIL TO THE KING!

Post  Justin 6/27/2013, 12:43 pm

it was just announced that on August 27th the new avenged sevenfold album, "hail to the king" will be released! So what do you think if the title!? What about the cover?

HAIL TO THE KING! Image-1
    Aightball
    Aightball

HAIL TO THE KING! Empty Re: HAIL TO THE KING!

Post  Aightball 6/27/2013, 12:54 pm

I'm excited, that's for sure and I love the cover! It's always fun to see how the boys tease us...and this was fun. I didn't get very far, but I still had fun. Now to get the new album in our hands =). Fingers crossed for fun pre-orders next month.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 6/27/2013, 12:56 pm

Aightball wrote:I'm excited, that's for sure and I love the cover! It's always fun to see how the boys tease us...and this was fun. I didn't get very far, but I still had fun. Now to get the new album in our hands =). Fingers crossed for fun pre-orders next month.

Yeah I like the title a lot. It's almost a little cocky but I like it. The cover is growing in me. NOW GIVE US A FULL SONG!!!!! bounce
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 6/27/2013, 12:59 pm

I'm ready! Esp. if it's that one in the preview, I really want that one for a full single!
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 6/27/2013, 1:00 pm

Yeah the one preview with shads vocals gets me pumped! I have a feeling this album is going to be a grand, epic album!
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 6/27/2013, 1:54 pm

I like the title, album cover... ehhhhh. Not sure what to think about it. That has Cam Rackam all over it (If the art wasn't done by him then I would be very surprised). I'm generally not a fan of his art style. Don't want to trash it too much. It's not awful. Really the thing that prevents me from liking it is the deathbat. Something looks a bit off to me, like it doesn't fit with the rest of the cover or maybe it's the proportions, not really sure can't quite put my finger on it.

I like the idea of the cover, I really just think the deathbat needs to be redone and then I'd like it. Right now it looks more like artwork for a single as opposed to album artwork. (look at nightmare single compared to album - although as a side note I liked the artwork to the single) It doesn't scream Album cover to me, if they just linked that artowrk with no other comments I would have thought it was for an upcoming single

Oh well, it will probably grow on me over time. At least it beats WTF / ST artwork Razz

And yes, I thought the preview sounded awesome.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 6/27/2013, 2:14 pm

Justin wrote:The cover is growing in me.

Shocked

I suppose you could say the cover has gone... viral

If the album begins growing in ya as well let us know... that way we can take it out and have a listen Very Happy
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 6/27/2013, 2:23 pm

chacotaco wrote:

Shocked

Neutral

On a side note Chaco, I do agree with your view on the album cover. When I first saw it I got excited thinking it was a single like last time but then realized it was the album cover. I don't love it but I like it. Sidenote: you don't like the cover art for WTF or STST!? Shocked
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 6/27/2013, 2:25 pm

Justin wrote:
    chacotaco wrote:

Shocked

Neutral

On a side note Chaco, I do agree with your view on the album cover. When I first saw it I got excited thinking it was a single like last time but then realized it was the album cover. I don't love it but I like it. Sidenote: you don't like the cover art for WTF or STST!? Shocked

When I wrote ST I meant self titled. And no, it was a joke kind of. I like the covers but they're not art, they're just a background with a deathbat on it (well the slipcover to WTF anyways) therefor the art for this album wins by default since it's actually artwork!

See? there really is a silver lining to everything Very Happy
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 6/27/2013, 2:39 pm

chacotaco wrote:
    Justin wrote:
    chacotaco wrote:

Shocked

Neutral

When I wrote ST I meant self titled. And no, it was a joke kind of. I like the covers but they're not art, they're just a background with a deathbat on it (well the slipcover to WTF anyways) therefor the art for this album wins by default since it's actually artwork!

See? there really is a silver lining to everything Very Happy

Wow. There truly is. So what about the title? So we got sounding the seventh trumpet, waking the fallen, city of evil, self titled/avenged sevenfold, nightmare, and now hail to the king. I personally like it a lot. It reminds me the most of city of evil which I think this album will be most like in comparison to their past albums.
    Vengenz1
    Vengenz1

Post  Vengenz1 6/28/2013, 1:10 am

Album title is great, art is awesome, album even better?. All hail to the Kings, Avenged Sevenfold.
    This is going to be the longest two months of my life.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 6/28/2013, 1:37 am

Hail to the King Baby!!!

Echoes of the Evil Dead, they've mentioned a very 80s metal influence (and Matt's hair seems to go along with that lol) and the preview sounded very grand indeed, especially the 6 times I saw it at Download pumped over the massive speakers and played out on the vid screens Wink

Fuck, can it just hurry the hell up and be August already?!?!
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 6/28/2013, 2:07 am

We don't want to talk about how much I've saved up for this album. I will be pre-ordering in all available formats! And hopefully we get a show closer than Wisconsin...I could drive there but that's gas, a hotel, food, etc., better if they just come to Iowa.
    Mz. Hyde
    Mz. Hyde

Post  Mz. Hyde 6/28/2013, 2:34 am

I'm not a fan of the album cover either but that doesn't mean the content won't be great so yeah, I don't care at all. Like chaco said it's still better than WTF and ST and those two albums were fucking good. Smile

Seriously though I just couldn't stop trolling on twitter when I found out about the album details. This is so freaking exciting (plus I thought the day we'd have the album details would never come haha). In fact the release date was known since the beginning thanks to Jericho's tweet, we just didn't know if it was legit or not lol.

"Only" 60 days 'til August 27th, and 20 days 'til their first show. Therefore I guess we'll have a single within the next 20 days (well I hope so).
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 6/28/2013, 3:55 am

Mz. Hyde wrote:I'm not a fan of the album cover either but that doesn't mean the content won't be great so yeah, I don't care at all. Like chaco said it's still better than WTF and ST and those two albums were fucking good. Smile

Seriously though I just couldn't stop trolling on twitter when I found out about the album details. This is so freaking exciting (plus I thought the day we'd have the album details would never come haha). In fact the release date was known since the beginning thanks to Jericho's tweet, we just didn't know if it was legit or not lol.

"Only" 60 days 'til August 27th, and 20 days 'til their first show. Therefore I guess we'll have a single within the next 20 days (well I hope so).

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a single by Monday. The album title and cover is out so now the only thing left is a song to start hyping it.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 6/28/2013, 5:31 am

Justin wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we have a single by Monday. The album title and cover is out so now the only thing left is a song to start hyping it.

Singles and albums are traditionally released on Tuesdays (In the US anyways), but I agree next week could be big.

Cam released the concept sketch of the cover, looks much better imo.

HAIL TO THE KING! 1260_650678364960801_765481261_n

DBN posted the link to the source, which is found at : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=650678364960801&set=a.276758955686079.79620.100000559294152&type=1

I think the concept looks awesome.

As a side note, the actual cover is growing on me a bit so thats good I guess king
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 6/28/2013, 6:31 pm

I do prefer the concept sketch for the album art, but as I've said elsewhere who cares about the looks? It's the music that matters.

Just woke up with a very fuzzy brain and saw a load of people on FB twitter talking about Papa Gates having leaked the title track and got a bit excited...apparently it was just trolling though. I'm blaming sleep-fuzz.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 7/1/2013, 3:02 am

Not really much more, but there's a little snippet on this website from an interview with M Shadows about the new album. Good to hear that everything is progressing well with the mix and hopefully we'll hear a bit more (like a single) very shortly!
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 7/1/2013, 6:02 am

I think this upcoming week we get a single. Tomorrow or Tuesday most likely. At least I'm really hoping so! Lol
    Mz. Hyde
    Mz. Hyde

Post  Mz. Hyde 7/2/2013, 3:46 am

People are saying we're getting a new song today in the comments of this teaser. They believe "7:01PM" stands for July 1st.
    I don't know. We'll see.
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/2/2013, 2:52 pm

So nothing today... But there's been rumors circulating about a new song called "Sabretooth" being released 7/7/13. Don't know whether or not to believe.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 7/2/2013, 5:39 pm

Where have you heard these rumours? I'm intrigued!

Also, Hi O-H, welcome to the boards Smile
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/2/2013, 11:58 pm

Saw a few things on twitter. Not exactly reliable but I'm pretty gullible when it comes to this kind of stuff haha. They had an official looking photo. Don't know where they would've gotten it though.
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/2/2013, 11:59 pm

And thanks! I'm glad I finally found an A7X forum.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 7/3/2013, 12:52 am

I need to have a rumour trawl I think, thanks for the heads-up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 11:27 am