Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+3
chacotaco
Aightball
Justin
7 posters

HAIL TO THE KING!

O-H
    O-H

HAIL TO THE KING! - Page 2 Empty Re: HAIL TO THE KING!

Post  O-H 7/3/2013, 1:22 am

Is there a way to post pictures because I could show everyone the one that's going around twitter.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/3/2013, 2:48 am

O-H wrote:Is there a way to post pictures because I could show everyone the one that's going around twitter.

Yea, at the top of the text box (when you go to post a reply) there should be your toolbars. There is an insert image icon on the top tool bar, in the far right section. Simply click that and it will open a tooltip to insert the image url.

I'm assuming this is the image you were talking about?

HAIL TO THE KING! - Page 2 BOH4knYCYAAofSj

I'm pretty sure it's fake. Either a fan created it to be an ass, or it's for another band and they're trying to use the hype of a7x to try and draw people in to give their band a look. The pic they use has some random people on the cover, no clue who they are but definitely not a7x.

And plus, tbh sabretooth is a really lame name and can't imagine them making a song called that.

So my take on it is, it's fake.

Also, singles and albums are almost always released on tuesdays, if you see anyone saying to expect a release on any date other than a tuesday, they're probably full of shit. They could potentially stream the song free online, or send it out to radio stations and have them played on the radio before the release, but that is usually announced before hand.

For example, for Megadeth's latest album (which is awful btw Sad ), they announced that their first single would be streamed on some radio station. It was streamed on a saturday (I think), and then the single was officially released the following Tuesday.
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/3/2013, 5:09 am

Thanks! And yeah that was it. I thought it was fake too but I was just seeing if others knew about it. So hopefully we get a single sometime today. If I remember correctly, Nightmare was released way before the actual album. Like more than a month and a half prior to album launch like this single will be. I'm just getting anxious checking DBN and twitter constantly. I want a single already.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 7/4/2013, 3:07 pm

I, too, saw that and was hopeful. I wouldn't put it past them to have a hunt on Sunday for it or something. I won't be around that day, but if something goes down let me know. I'd love for a new single to come this week but I thought I heard M. Shadows say it'd debut at their first summer date...which is on...7-16, I think?
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 7/4/2013, 8:42 pm

Actually, I've heard the name Sabretooth elsewhere than in this picture in relation to Avenged, but I can't for the life of me remember where...
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/5/2013, 4:45 am

Hopefully they will have a single released soon, maybe have it streamed online or something.

Here are possible dates for a new single (at least for when it will officially be released and available for purchase, they may allow it to be streamed online or on the radio a few days before):

July 9th, July 16th, July 23, July 30

Those are the remaining Tuesdays for July, no sense in going into August since I don't think they will be that cruel and make us wait that long.

No matter what we will hear new material on the 16th due to live show and people uploading to youtube! Very Happy

Hopefully they will release a single before then though, so I really hope the 9th is the day.
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/5/2013, 6:14 am

Do any of you remember when Nightmare (the single) was released? Like what day of the week and how far it was from album launch? And I mean available for streaming not purchase.

Also, I was searching the youtubes and I found this video. It sounds a lot like Zacky's voice and I googled the lyrics and nothing matched. I think it could be a demo for a ballad from Hail to the King. What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/y6WKMKWaq7c
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 7/5/2013, 6:42 am

I like it, but am not convinced it's A7X. Matt has said this album was about him and a mic and no layered or other voices...unless the guys are doing backgrounds like usual. But it doesn't sound like ZV or Johnny to me. Probably some up and coming guy getting into the recent trend of acoustic music. But I'd like to know who it really is, because I do like it.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/5/2013, 7:19 am

O-H wrote:Do any of you remember when Nightmare (the single) was released? Like what day of the week and how far it was from album launch? And I mean available for streaming not purchase.

Also, I was searching the youtubes and I found this video. It sounds a lot like Zacky's voice and I googled the lyrics and nothing matched. I think it could be a demo for a ballad from Hail to the King. What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/y6WKMKWaq7c

Regarding nightmare:

Here is everything I can find/remember

May 6th 2010:
    Amazon accidentally leaked a 30 sec preview of Nightmare, which was our first time hearing new material. That was taken down later in the day

On May 10th of 2010 avenged sevenfold posted the same 30 sec clip amazon accidentally leaked of nightmare (the single) found here:
    http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/news/heres-premonition-your-fucking-nightmare

Sunday, May 16th
    Then I believe it was that Sunday (Sunday May 16th), they updated the link to this:
    http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/nightmare/

That link had the same 30 seconds we heard before, but at the bottom of the artwork it listed the release date for the single (which was also stated in the first link to the 30 sec preview), which was Tuesday May 18th.

Monday, May 17th:
    Single is streamed on the radio, and some people capture audio and upload to youtube

Tuesday, May 18th:

Nightmare the single is officially released

Nightmare (the album) was released Tuesday, July 27th.

Regarding that youtube link: I'm 100% certain that is not them Razz
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/5/2013, 1:03 pm

I'm curious as to what makes you 100% certain? Haha

Anyway, I think this Tuesday (the 9th I believe) is the day. I can't see them waiting any longer. And the first love show is a week from then, so it'll give fans time to digest the new song, learn the lyrics, and have a good time at the show without straining to hear every nuance of an unheard song.
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/5/2013, 1:04 pm

I meant "live" not "love" haha
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/5/2013, 4:03 pm

O-H wrote:I meant "live" not "love" haha

haha, I knew what ya meant.

Yea I think we have  pretty good chance at the 9th being the day for a new single. And I know that youtube video isn't them for a few reasons. 1.It doesn't sound like them 2. not their style 3. doesn't fit the theme of their new album

I think they were testing out another version of the radio, just to get it to work.

Here is their test version:
    http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/tholomew/

It plays just like the radio we see now on their frontpage, but I think this one was made as a test. None of the music on this one is by them. So they probably created this page before we got what we have today to make sure it worked properly. This test radio has that random song on it along with many other random songs. Definitely not A7X though. Just a bunch of random stuff
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/6/2013, 12:55 am

So hopefully we get a 30-second preview soon? Haha I'm very impatient.

Side note: If you search "Hail to the king" on twitter, 95% of the tweets are in different languages. Are Avenged Sevenfold that popular overseas compared to the US or am I just searching wrong?
    Mz. Hyde
    Mz. Hyde

Post  Mz. Hyde 7/6/2013, 1:23 am

Anyway the later we can get something new is on July 16th, which is only in 11 days from now on. I think I'll stop hoping for a new song now and simply wait for this day Smile

O-H wrote:Side note: If you search "Hail to the king" on twitter, 95% of the tweets are in different languages. Are Avenged Sevenfold that popular overseas compared to the US or am I just searching wrong?
    Yeah. I'm one of them aha
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 7/8/2013, 12:22 pm

Check out radio channel 13 or TV channel 07 for a :30 preview of Hail to the King, the title track. Anyone else bet that drops on Tuesday as a single? *fingers crossed* I LOVE it!
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/8/2013, 12:24 pm

Aightball wrote:Check out radio channel 13 or TV channel 07 for a :30 preview of Hail to the King, the title track. Anyone else bet that drops on Tuesday as a single? *fingers crossed* I LOVE it!

Either this Tuesday (better be this Tuesday!) or next. I think it sounds awesome as well

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 7:12 am