Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

4 posters

Hail to the king preview!!!

Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Hail to the king preview!!! Empty Hail to the king preview!!!

Post  Justin 7/8/2013, 8:21 am

You can hear a preview of "hail to the king" on radio channel 13 or tv station 7!!! Discuss!
    O-H
    O-H

Hail to the king preview!!! Empty Re: Hail to the king preview!!!

Post  O-H 7/8/2013, 8:40 am

It's really really good in my opinion. Definitely get the "Iron Maiden" vibe from it. And that's awesome. Matt's voice has gotten so powerful.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 7/8/2013, 10:30 am

At first I didn't like it as much but I've listened some more times and I like it now. Can't wait for the full song. Sounds way different than anything from before in my opinion.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/8/2013, 12:04 pm

Sounds great. I love everything I'm hearing so far from all the previews. I've got high expectations for the album, hoping for it to become my favorite and dethrone City of Evil and waking the fallen as my favorites, and so far so good!
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 7/8/2013, 1:40 pm

chacotaco wrote:Sounds great. I love everything I'm hearing so far from all the previews. I've got high expectations for the album, hoping for it to become my favorite and dethrone City of Evil and waking the fallen as my favorites, and so far so good!

So preview today, when do we get full song? My guess is next Tuesday right before their first live show although Tuesday makes more sense.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/8/2013, 1:52 pm

Justin wrote:So preview today, when do we get full song? My guess is next Tuesday right before their first live show although Tuesday makes more sense.

Yea I have a feeling its gonna be the following Tuesday as well. I really hope it's this Tuesday, but I think if it were going to release this Tuesday, they would have released the date and let all the fans know for sure.

We'll see. I just know with Nightmare they let everyone know what the release date was for the single like a week ahead of time. They haven't mentioned any dates for this single.

So while I really hope for it to be this week, I'm leaning towards it being released the following Tuesday. Hopefully I'm wrong on that and they release it this Tuesday.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 7/8/2013, 2:31 pm

chacotaco wrote:
    Justin wrote:So preview today, when do we get full song? My guess is next Tuesday right before their first live show although Tuesday makes more sense.

Yea I have a feeling its gonna be the following Tuesday as well. I really hope it's this Tuesday, but I think if it were going to release this Tuesday, they would have released the date and let all the fans know for sure.

We'll see. I just know with Nightmare they let everyone know what the release date was for the single like a week ahead of time. They haven't mentioned any dates for this single.

So while I really hope for it to be this week, I'm leaning towards it being released the following Tuesday. Hopefully I'm wrong on that and they release it this Tuesday.

If it ends up being this Tuesday I bet they'll say it tomorrow.
    O-H
    O-H

Post  O-H 7/8/2013, 2:58 pm

It better be this Tuesday. I've already listened to the preview at least 50 times.
    Mz. Hyde
    Mz. Hyde

Post  Mz. Hyde 7/8/2013, 5:24 pm

It sounds so different from their previous stuff but hell this is so fucking good. Can't wait to hear the whole thing. Tomorrow I hope.
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 7/9/2013, 2:07 am

Let me preface this by saying I'm not going to fully judge until I hear the full album, but the previews worry me. I like what I'm hearing but so far it sounds like they are going for that epic iron maiden vibe. I'm worried all the lyrics are going to be about fantasy creatures and stuff like that. My favorites songs by a7x are the ones about real life things and so far or doesn't sound like that's what we are gonna get. Again I haven't heard the whole album or even a song but its just a concern of mine. I had the same concern when I heard "beast and the harlot" and City of Evil turned out fine.
    chacotaco

Post  chacotaco 7/9/2013, 3:31 am

Justin wrote:Let me preface this by saying I'm not going to fully judge until I hear the full album, but the previews worry me. I like what I'm hearing but so far it sounds like they are going for that epic iron maiden vibe. I'm worried all the lyrics are going to be about fantasy creatures and stuff like that. My favorites songs by a7x are the ones about real life things and so far or doesn't sound like that's what we are gonna get. Again I haven't heard the whole album or even a song but its just a concern of mine. I had the same concern when I heard "beast and the harlot" and City of Evil turned out fine.

I know what you mean, I actually like this direction though. Even though the song may not have a direct relation to something in their life, I can still see the meanings behind the songs (at least my interpretation of it). Take sidewinder for instance. A side winder is a snake and with lyrics such as "I slide through the wasteland that's my world", on its face it seems like hes singing about a snake which sounds a bit dumb, but it's what the snake represents that is important. Maybe I'm wrong, but when I hear sidewinder I think of war, I think the snake is supposed to represent the cold bloodedness (just like the snake itself is cold blooded) of war and such.

So I see it as taking a more artistic approach of representing thoughts and ideas. Again though, when they write like this it is open to interpretation of the listener. Some, like me, like that, and others do not for various reasons. Either because they don't draw the connections or understand the song properly, or they simply don't like that way of writing.

I think this is going to be a concept album and they're going to continue to represents ideas through this fictional story line they created (I think themes such as corruption, greed, and power, and all the things we see in the real world, but instead told as a fictional story, or to say it differently, using a fictional story line to represent some of the issues people face in real life).

Hopefully there will be stuff in there more inline with what you're looking for, but I think what we've heard so far is what we're going to get for the entire album in terms of song writing and lyrics and all that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 10:50 am