Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+18
Joh7X
DarknessSurroundsNikki
~Moonbaby8768~
the mice endure
feathersfalling
AprilSevenfold
anais84
Cristina
rckrmtl
DarienVengeance
Carey.Adams
CiaraCobb
deceit
andigo
anDy
Synysterette
Aightball
Justin
22 posters

Where were you when you heard the news?

JJuliav
    JJuliav

Where were you when you heard the news? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where were you when you heard the news?

Post  JJuliav 3/17/2011, 4:19 am

i found out about this while i was at home. I just opened up my computer and my facebook profile... Then , i kinda fell to the floor and just stared at the wall for like 30 mins. I just could'nt believe what i just read. That talented, crazy(in the most wonderful way) , zacky's, syn's, matt's , johnny's and many other ppl's best friend, knife master, amazing drummer had passed away. He may just rest in peace and i can bet he will NEVER be forgotten. foREVer. And i think it's just really sad that he made those amazing lyricsabout death and then he had to die.like these :

"cos' everybody's gotta die sometime" and
    "Loved ones back home all crying ’cause they're already missing me
    I pray by the grace of God that there's somebody listening
    Give me a chance to be that person I wanna be
    (I am unbroken; I’m choking on this ecstasy)
    Oh Lord I'll try so hard but you gotta let go of me
    (Unbreak me, unchain me, I need another chance to live)"
    it's just so sad.
    I Just can't think of anyone else who could just make so amazing /beautiful and awesome songs as he did !
    It's still hard to believe that he's gone. And i didn't even get the chance to see him :--( and i always cry when i listen to syn's amazing piece of music so far away + gunslinger and sooo many more cos' they remind me of the rev.

RIP JIMMY "THE REV" SULLIVAN
    xb2003
    xb2003

Where were you when you heard the news? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where were you when you heard the news?

Post  xb2003 7/9/2011, 3:27 pm

My story is different. Last summer was the first time i ever heard any of their music. On my birthday (July 18). One of my friends showed me their 2 favorite songs by them: Dear God, and Second Heartbeat. Im a musician, been one for 15 years, and i instantly repected a band that could write 2 awesome songs, with completely different genres. I dont know if it was more the ability, or the guts, but whatever. And he neglected to tell me that this insanly awesome drummer is DEAD...So i look up more of their stuff, and i havent heard anything besides a couple off of Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, and God Hates Us that i dont love. And when nightmare came out, i was constantly thinking "Whats up with all these sad songs(Victim, So Far Away, Fiction)" And someone posted one of those So Far Away videos with all the pictures of Jimmy. And that just kinda knocked me out. At that time, i didnt know any of their names, but i loved their music. And to be honest, as much as it sucks, im only a fan of the band....moreso then just the music, because he died. And now, i have become a huge fan, and every thing else, and honestly i dont even like the genre of Metal, or Hard Rock at all. But the ability these guys have together is just amazing.
    KirishmaDestinySoul
    KirishmaDestinySoul

Post  KirishmaDestinySoul 12/6/2011, 11:42 pm

I was checking my fb on my mobile phone the morning it happened and one of my friends had sent me a request to join a group 'R.I.P Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan' I thought it was a wind up at first, so I put my laptop on and started to look for something that would tell me when I found out it was true I just felt numb.

I couldn't listen to A7X for a few weeks because I started crying... I finally got back into them, then I found out they were going to continue which I was so happy about because they're my favourite band ever.

Then when I found out The Rev was going to be singing on the new album I started to get upset again... When the album came out it took me about 5 weeks before I could listen to Fiction without crying.

xox
    Hidatsu
    Hidatsu

Where were you when you heard the news? - Page 2 Empty I found out late.

Post  Hidatsu 9/22/2013, 8:49 am

:/ For the longest time I dealt with depression, and as a therapy of sorts I listened to music to help me cope with my moods. I had over 1500 songs on my ipod, and only a handful were Avenged. For many years that's all the band was to me, a few songs to listen to when the mood struck. But in the summer of 2010 I started to really listen to the group, and I bought their greatest hits album. It didn't take long before I knew every word to every song on that cd, and moved on to listen to other avenged songs. After I fell in love with the music, I began to explore who the band members were. For that I went to Wikipedia like any fan-girl stalker would, and went through each of the members, falling on Jimmy last. By then I knew at least that he was the drummer, and that he was awesome. No, awesome doesn't even cover it. Anyways, I was reading up on his life story when I seen that he died the previous December. It would be fair to say I was crushed. That's the only way I can think to describe it. Now, I feel bad because I didn't love the band for as long as everyone else, but I did love them just as much. I read how some of you were so depressed and down when you heard. Well, so was I. I told my signifigant other, and he's like "yeah, I know. He died last year." I felt so clueless that the band that I was coming to adore so much had this tradegy happen and I didn't even know.

Nowadays, i'm happy that they have a drummer that could play jimmy's epic drums.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/29/2024, 11:09 pm