Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

+12
rrevenge
andigo
LastOneToDie
Synysterette
CiaraCobb
deceit
rckrmtl
Aightball
Ghost
chacotaco
Justin
anDy
16 posters

Random Flaming Thread

Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Random Flaming Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Flaming Thread

Post  Justin 1/7/2011, 6:08 am

CiaraCobb wrote:the constant down time and aggression towards newcomers are really not what you want if you are trying to become the official board for the band.

So no downtime and acceptance to newbies is the key. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 1/7/2011, 6:11 am

CiaraCobb wrote:the constant down time and aggression towards newcomers are really not what you want if you are trying to become the official board for the band.

This right here is why I won't be going back. I'm tired of the harassment from some members and the fact that complaints just fall on deaf ears. I like this board because newbies are welcome, they are not harassed, members can have a say in things, and can have differing opinions. Not every fan is going to like the same stuff, and on C4, that's not okay. I agree that it's run it's self into the ground. Besides, do we need an official board for the band? I like the idea, of course, but I like the independent boards better.
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 1/7/2011, 6:18 am

I think I'd rather have the option of where to go. The fact people are finding this place and slowly coming on board is nice, allows for a greater build up and a chance to get to know people. If there was an announcement all of a sudden of an "official" board, hundreds of thousands would likely join straight away and it would be insanity.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 1/7/2011, 6:20 am

Same here. And an "official" board is going to be filled with "come and play in my country!" and other drabble. Now, that can be okay to an extent, but with thousands of users, it's going to get old. I like the size of this board. It's slowly growing, but yet you have time to get to know people and things don't get out of hand.
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 1/7/2011, 9:05 am

im totally stoked that you guys are enjoying the board. it really makes me feel good that we decided to make our vision a reality.
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 1/7/2011, 11:34 am

I feel way more comfortable here. simply because it feels a little bit like the beginning of C4 before Iain and Johnny took over. I'm also excited that there's more stuff in the works. DBC4LYF!!!! lol
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 1/7/2011, 12:42 pm

rrevenge wrote:I feel way more comfortable here. simply because it feels a little bit like the beginning of C4 before Iain and Johnny took over. I'm also excited that there's more stuff in the works. DBC4LYF!!!! lol

im glad u feel that way. my personal goal for the site is just to make a place that people enjoy and don't feel afraid to voice their thoughts. I was with c4 since before city of evil came out. I know my account may not say so, but I made an account, forgot the password, and made a new one I believe. out of all the people who frequented c4 after all this time I started to realize that c4 is really not much of an avenged sevenfold fansite anymore. It's more of a place for fans of their older music and former avenged fans. Now i'm not saying that people on there are not fans of the band necessarily, But there are a lot of people who like the members of that board more then the band that the board is about. Iain is trying his damnedest to rekindle the forum fire, but I feel like it is just too late for that. I feel like the biggest avenged fans who were the most active on C4 made it here, and that is awesome. I thought we would get a couple of you but not as many as I did. I am looking forward to the future of this site very much. now isn't this the random flaming thread? I just wanted to say I just got a new puppy and he is driving me nuts. I wanted to get rid of him even at one point. My wife and I are changing our "shifts" up though so I am hoping that changes things.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 1/7/2011, 1:31 pm

I was with C4 since 2008. Before Iain and Johnny took over, it was a great place to be, but not after. Nothing against them, but Justin is right: it's for fans of STST and WTF and former fans.

I like it here much better, because there's a spirit of discussion and I can actually have a friendly argument with people! No one cares what your tastes run in and out of A7X, we're all just here for to talk and have fun and be A7X fans =).

Random flame...it's snowing again. *flips mother nature off*
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 1/7/2011, 6:20 pm

*joins you in flipping the old hag off*

I've just seen someone's status on my FB saying it's snowing on her birthday, she lives near where I work so I thought I'd check the roads. Looks like I'm either gonna have to leave early or be late today cos the roads up there seem pretty bad. This arctic weather bullshit can fuck off now please. I'm bored of it.
    Synysterette
    Synysterette

Post  Synysterette 1/7/2011, 10:38 pm

So am I the only one here that actually liked C4?
    I was never made to feel uncomfortable there infact the only thing that bothered me about C4 was the downtime lol
    Yeah, I had the occasional petty disagreement but nothing major, and it was always resolved quickly, the first people I spoke to when I joined were the notorious 'bullies' maybe that had something to do with it I dunno....

I fall into the category of 'older material fan that also likes the newer stuff' so best of both worlds eh? or should that be 'defends self to all'?
    WTF remains my favourite album but CoE is great and still gets overplayed! (you all know I'm a Bat Country whore)

I like it here but I miss the gritty fighting (does that make me weird?)
    Yours ever remaining on the fence....

p.s. whose genius idea was it to have a fire drill when the car park is an icy death trap and the outside temperature is minus 4 C?!! *rolls eyes* *warms hands on coffee cup*
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 1/7/2011, 10:54 pm

Synysterette wrote: So am I the only one here that actually liked C4?
    I was never made to feel uncomfortable there infact the only thing that bothered me about C4 was the downtime lol
    Yeah, I had the occasional petty disagreement but nothing major, and it was always resolved quickly, the first people I spoke to when I joined were the notorious 'bullies' maybe that had something to do with it I dunno....

I fall into the category of 'older material fan that also likes the newer stuff' so best of both worlds eh? or should that be 'defends self to all'?
    WTF remains my favourite album but CoE is great and still gets overplayed! (you all know I'm a Bat Country whore)

I like it here but I miss the gritty fighting (does that make me weird?)
    Yours ever remaining on the fence....

p.s. whose genius idea was it to have a fire drill when the car park is an icy death trap and the outside temperature is minus 4 C?!! *rolls eyes* *warms hands on coffee cup*

I liked c4, but I feel like activity on their was dying and it started getting to the point were it was always going down. Don't worry, that arguing will come with time. It's unavoidable. People will join this board who are opinionated and that is fine as long as no one is being out of line with name calling and stuff like that.
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 1/8/2011, 12:43 am

I liked C4, despite how it sounds =). But the fighting for me was getting too much, as it wasn't so much arguing it was "I'm right and you're always going to be wrong, so why don't you just leave or stop posting?" Admittedly, I did get into it far too often with one particular user and that soured me to the board as well. But over all, C4 wasn't bad. I'm just much, much, much happier here.

Flame: Mother Nature. We talked about this, woman, it' January, which is close to March. Cancel the snow! Take Betty's finger off the snow button! *love you, Betty! Very Happy*
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 1/8/2011, 1:12 am

My wife and I just got a new boxer puppy. We got him sunday and although he is getting better everyday, he is a handful and driving us nuts. He isn't doing anything out of the ordinary, but still. Everynight, several times he wakes up on his crate and whines, which is ok since he is a puppy. Where it gets annoying is that you take him to the bathroom and afterwards you have to play with him for a half hour to wear him out so that he goes back to sleep. If you dont wear him out and put him in the crate he just sits there and whines very loudly until u take him out and play or if you wait for like 20 min of whining. You can't give in to the whining cause then he thinks whining works and he will keep doing it. What also doesn't help is that he is only 6 weeks instead of 8 weeks cause the breeder made us take him early. We are going on vacation in a week so I cannot wait!
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 1/8/2011, 4:03 am

Everytime im here, nobody is at the chatbox Crying or Very sad
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 1/8/2011, 6:19 am

rrevenge wrote:Everytime im here, nobody is at the chatbox Crying or Very sad

I know. I guess its better if the forums are busier than the chatbox, but I like talking in the chatbox a lot.
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 1/8/2011, 6:25 am

That is true my friend!... soooo where's my mod badge? Razz
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 1/8/2011, 7:16 am

Motherfucking bastards at Squires Kitchen!!!!! I ordered my cake magazine as you guys know, it arrived yesterday, I was thrilled. Day before however I got a letter from the bank telling me that there had been some potentially fraudulent activity on my account and I needed to ring them. Rand at lunch time today...long story short, Squires Kitchen basically copy down your account details off their website then put them through as a cardholder not present transaction...so ANYONE could have my debit card details. The bank have cancelled my card and are issuing a new one, which can take up to 10 days. JOY

Then, this being at 3pm today when I was on lunch, I went back to work and promptly forgot about it. 8:30 rolls around and I needed fuel for the car to drive home. Went top the petrol station, filled the tank - £62.77 - stupid damn VAT increase, it's only a 1.5 litre engine ffs....

Anyway, having TOTALLY forgotten that my card has been cancelled I stroll in to pay and then it hits me. So I get my other bank card out thinking yeah it will put me in my overdraft but I can pay that off tomorrow from the bank. The card expired at the end of December and they haven't sent me a replacement...

I had to write out an official IOU to the petrol station and they took my drivers licence details etc and I have to go back within 7 days to pay it....

I am FUMING. Squires Kitchen are getting a mouthful from me tomorrow and I will be expecting freebies to make it up to me....
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 1/8/2011, 9:44 am

This puppy has me so stressed. I'm so short with everyone and I'm just generally going crazy. I cannot wait to go on vacation but I almost feel like I'm gonna be constantly worrying about my dog and my puppy. Life was going great before the puppy and now everything is going wrong. My wife got in a fender bender wednesday, I got a ticket from a red light camera, and all this has happened on top of the stress from the puppy. I'm praying next week is better cause I can't stand the way I'm feeling.
    deceit
    deceit
    Admin
    Admin

Post  deceit 1/8/2011, 10:08 am

CiaraCobb wrote:Motherfucking bastards at Squires Kitchen!!!!! I ordered my cake magazine as you guys know, it arrived yesterday, I was thrilled. Day before however I got a letter from the bank telling me that there had been some potentially fraudulent activity on my account and I needed to ring them. Rand at lunch time today...long story short, Squires Kitchen basically copy down your account details off their website then put them through as a cardholder not present transaction...so ANYONE could have my debit card details. The bank have cancelled my card and are issuing a new one, which can take up to 10 days. JOY

Then, this being at 3pm today when I was on lunch, I went back to work and promptly forgot about it. 8:30 rolls around and I needed fuel for the car to drive home. Went top the petrol station, filled the tank - £62.77 - stupid damn VAT increase, it's only a 1.5 litre engine ffs....

Anyway, having TOTALLY forgotten that my card has been cancelled I stroll in to pay and then it hits me. So I get my other bank card out thinking yeah it will put me in my overdraft but I can pay that off tomorrow from the bank. The card expired at the end of December and they haven't sent me a replacement...

I had to write out an official IOU to the petrol station and they took my drivers licence details etc and I have to go back within 7 days to pay it....

I am FUMING. Squires Kitchen are getting a mouthful from me tomorrow and I will be expecting freebies to make it up to me....

oh my. that sucks soo bad. Sad
    i hope everything gets situated.
    and that you get LOTS of freebies.

i, at the moment, have nothing to vent about. Smile
    andigo
    andigo

Post  andigo 1/8/2011, 11:56 am

Recovering from operations sucks. Epically. That is all. Crying or Very sad
    But the internet cheers me up at least Smile
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 1/8/2011, 9:53 pm

tried calling the people who are responsible for my card getting cancelled...their voicemail says they are closed until the 4th of January. That was 4 days ago dickweeds....ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!!
    Aightball
    Aightball

Post  Aightball 1/9/2011, 12:20 am

TV on in the morning. You being up at the same time as me. Me wearing headphones in the morning. This all sucks. What we need: a house with our own individual rooms so we can be separated during the day. In about five more minutes, I'm going to suggest we turn off the TV and you are going to go sulking to the bedroom so you can watch TV. I wish you weren't so damn addicted to the TV. ='(
    rrevenge
    rrevenge

Post  rrevenge 1/13/2011, 3:31 am

there's a 90% possibility that I might be returning to mexico. all this years of sacrifice went to shit because i don't have the funds to stay
    Justin
    Justin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Justin 1/13/2011, 6:52 am

Justin wrote:This puppy has me so stressed. I'm so short with everyone and I'm just generally going crazy. I cannot wait to go on vacation but I almost feel like I'm gonna be constantly worrying about my dog and my puppy. Life was going great before the puppy and now everything is going wrong. My wife got in a fender bender wednesday, I got a ticket from a red light camera, and all this has happened on top of the stress from the puppy. I'm praying next week is better cause I can't stand the way I'm feeling.

This year sucks! Now today my mom calls me and says that my dad went to the hospital cause he thought he was having a heart attack. He is ok but has to spend the night there. Seriously, what is going on!?
    CiaraCobb
    CiaraCobb

Post  CiaraCobb 1/18/2011, 5:39 am

slightly worried I've really fucked my knee up again. Had surgery to remove damanged cartilege about 5 years ago and it's been pretty good since, the odd off day. Stupidly agreed to do a task at work last week that had me crawling on the floor and since then it's been really painful and swollen.
    The wrong number call at 1am this morning that had me leap out of bed and leg it to the phone really didn't help either *pouts*

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 10:08 pm