Deathbat Country - An Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

send news tips to deathbatcountry6661@hotmail.com

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated!
R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan a.k.a. The Rev 1981-2009

3 posters

Hail to the king ( album) review from revolver mag-spain

chacotaco

Hail to the king ( album) review from revolver mag-spain Empty Hail to the king ( album) review from revolver mag-spain

Post  chacotaco 8/2/2013, 1:01 am

This review was posted here on this a7x fan facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151761620133147&l=0625d5fee5

Its in spanish but they translated it the best they could.

Here is what they posted

Revolver Magazine España published a short review of "Hail to the King" in their latest issue, which I translated for you. Neither English nor Spanish are my mother tongue, so please bear with for any mistakes made. Thanks to Avenged Sevenfold Spain for letting me use their scan of the review. - Rena

"The fans of A7X are impatient to listen to "Hail to the King", the new album from the Huntington Beach, California guys, the first with Arin Ilejay on drums.
    A curtain of rain opens "Shepherd of Fire", constructed on a mysterious guitar riff which collides after a minute into a theme which is half-way between "Trust" of Megadeth, Disturbed and the typical classical halo of M. Shadows' band.
    "Hail to the King" sounds very classical, a cut very like Dio, very heavy, the first single of the album. Also very demolishing sounds "Doin' Time", a convincing theme which reminds of the cockiest Guns'N'Roses or what Slash did in his last era. In fact, the guitar work of the whole album is outstanding. Tabs full of attitude, insolence, feeling go into each other using every gap, as small as it may be, to stand out.
    With a clear influence of the most classical Heavy Metal, begins "This Means War", until it turns into a theme which reminds of Metalica's "Sad But True". This takes away a lot of originality of a theme that changes in the pre chorus to convert itself into a more dense theme.
    A choir of sacred music opens "Requiem", one of the most King Diamond cuts of the album.
    If "This Means War", reminds of Metalica, the guitars of the beginning of "Crimson Day" remind of those of Guns'N'Roses "Don't Cry" in production, until it turns in a half tempo where Shadows' melancolical voice carries the notes after it.
    Another great song of the album is "Heretic". It also sounds like Megadeath, more so because of the rhythmic base and the guitar arrangements. What happens is, that as the song progresses it gains coherency. The dueling guitar solos at the end of the song are simply spectacular.
    With a sharp bass starts "Coming Home", in pure Iron Maiden style."Fear Of The Dark" jumps directly into the musical memory of all Heavy Metal loversand Maiden are made referent as the song progresses. Obviously the production changes (outstanding throughout all album), M. Shadows voice and especially those melody-laden choruses which are purely A7X. "Planets" opens quite baleful with a minimalistic, but pounding, riff, being one of the most softest songs on the album. The album closes with "Acid Rain", opening with piano and some string arrangements that will put us into the sad atmosphere of a song that ends according with the beginning of the album, with falling rain.
    It is quite possible that new generations see the Avenged Sevenfold album as something very new, but the truth is, that they cemented an album pulling of too recognizable old influences , for a band of so much personality."

They gave it 3 stars. Not sure if that's out of 4 or 5. based on the tone of the closing statement, probably 3 out of 5.
    Usedbandage9
    Usedbandage9

Hail to the king ( album) review from revolver mag-spain Empty Re: Hail to the king ( album) review from revolver mag-spain

Post  Usedbandage9 8/2/2013, 3:44 am

When I get the album, the first song I'm going to listen to is Acid Rain. I have such huge hopes for that one.

Also does anyone find it funny that the album is opening and closing with rain, just like Sounding the Seventh Trumpet?
    O-H
    O-H

Hail to the king ( album) review from revolver mag-spain Empty Re: Hail to the king ( album) review from revolver mag-spain

Post  O-H 8/2/2013, 10:28 am

I hate when reviews can't describe a song in any other ways besides comparing it to other, already released and well known songs. It's lazy journalism. Anyway, at least they didn't mention the drums. And I've heard that Shepherd of Fire opens with the sound of a crackling fire, not rain. But, I could be wrong. Still extremely excited for the album.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 8:01 pm